A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Planning Operations Manager to join our Sales & Capacity planning team! You will be responsible for managing team processes and resources on a daily basis to deliver Maximum Client to Customer Value. You will be the central point of contact for short term capacity conversations whilst looking at the bigger picture with a consistent aim of maximizing use of resources across our network.
We want you to be able to challenge established processes and targets with the goal of doing what we do better, quicker and more cost effectively.
- To manage team processes and resources on a daily basis
- To proactively communicate out any operational changes to relevant stakeholders within the business
- To seek for opportunities in optimising resource against customer demand
- Project Manage key improvements to processes with be even better
- Be the visible owner of the planning function within the team, 7 days a week.
- Be the central go to person for all operational queries e.g. resource shortfall and surplus, ability to meet last minute plan changes, planning and process related operational issues
- Available to deal with urgent queries outside of normal office hours
- Owns and maintains excellent team relationship with all internal and external customers
- To ensure Competition Compliance Guidelines are followed
- Take ownership of health and safety practice within their area of work
- Be responsible for the application of Ocado policies and procedures and applying regulatory compliance to their area of work including the enforcement of all site safety rules and the wearing of personal protective equipment
- Identify and where appropriate arrange training for employees within the department, taking care to ensure employees fully understand the work they are required to do and how to perform it in a safe way
Skills and Knowledge
- Proven operational experience working in similar role
- Management experience in a fast moving operational environment
- Ability to collaborate and influence across a matrixed organization, regardless of job levels
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- High level of customer service
- Excellent time management skills
Sales and Capacity Operations is the central planning team responsible for updating and optimising delivery plans to Ocado and Morrisons customers.Using the in-house technology we predict the daily sales in each area of the country and in conjunction with the other planning teams, pull together the resource capacity required to pick and deliver them.
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.