“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
What does the team do
The Technology Procurement Team have a focus on ordering technology for Ocado across the business. This technology ranges from IT Hardware to multi-million pound infrastructure.
The team’s focus is on delivery of service.
- Maximum efficiency in the same day processing of requests for ordering goods and tracking these to their destination; handling of procurement data.
- Supplier engagement and reviewing of terms of purchase. Price negotiation for equipment to ensure Ocado receives the best value
- Customer engagement. Keeping internal customers informed via ticket content, email and telephone.
What would I be doing?
- Ensure each new ticket is actioned within 8 business hour OLA
- Ensure that supplier queries are action in a timely manner
- Existing tickets must be reviewed regularly, being updated in terms of:
- Current status
- ETA’s (Delivery)
- Update requests from the user/support function (responded same day)
- Re-assignment of tickets to relevant department
- Ticket closure with accurate resolution notes
- Place orders with Suppliers and check supplier confirmation against orders for any variations
- Track orders for confirmation of delivery and check/update delivery dates keeping Ocado customers informed
What we are looking for
- Natural ability to provide high quality customer service
- Ability to prioritize workload against business requirements and customers
- Proven track record in an administration support function
- An understanding of IT hardware, software & services
This would make you stand out from the crowd
- A strong understanding of financial/procurement process
- Proven track record in liaising with external suppliers including B2B
- Working towards a professional qualification in Finance, Procurement or other
About Ocado Technology
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
Find out more about how we are pioneering the future through serial technology innovation here.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally. We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive, barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.