This is a very exciting opportunity to work collaboratively with one of the highest profile brands that Ocado stock, while getting exposure and involvement with commercial decisions and supply chain operations.
As a Collaborative Demand Planner, you will work on behalf of Ocado supply chain and trading teams, sharing your time between both teams. We will empower you from day one, and give you the autonomy and responsibility you need to solve problems for yourself. You will be developed and supported with the end of the 18 month programme in mind, with the potential to lead to an exciting career with Supply chain or trading. At the core of this role is the achievement of budgeted KPIs for the high profile supplier under your control.
You will also be responsible for managing the supplier’s development and performance, working with the buying team, as well as contributing to the continuing improvement of the department’s supply management tools, systems & practices. You will be encouraged to develop new skills and working practices in line with this exciting and evolving business.
- Owning the demand and forecast planning process across your assortment at both category and SKU level (300-1000 products)
- Using all available data, manage systems & intelligence to achieve KPI targets for availability, product waste and customer fulfilment
- Management of key SKU and supplier data to ensure production of accurate purchase orders
- Regular promotional and seasonal analysis of your assortment
- Communicate success to management and the wider business
- Building strong trading and supplier relationships, managing the performance of your supply base through effective reviews and
- Optimising delivery efficiency across your supply base through order schedules, buying multiple management and other inbound
- Encouraging your supplier to engage in collaborative planning wherever possible
- Identifying opportunities for process change, communicating these ideas & implementing them effectively
- Trend and performance analysis for the product range
- You may be asked to perform other tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request
- Setting, aligning and delivering key KPIs with our key supplier partner
- Identifying and working collaboratively with the supplier partner to drive mutual efficiencies to enhance customer offer & commercial sustainability
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Educated to degree level or equivalent experience
- Excellent planning & organisational skills
- A technical mind set to interpret numerical data
- Excellent IT skills, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Office (particularly Microsoft Excel) to at least intermediate level
- Ability to work under pressure, maintaining accuracy & keeping to deadlines
- Ability to influence effectively and build constructive working relationships internally and externally
- Drive & enthusiasm, demonstrating ability to adapt to fast pace and rapid change and resourcefulness when faced with challenges
- A proactive team player, polite, helpful and approachable and willing to share information, knowledge and skills with others.
- Ability to fit in with others in the team and wider business
- Confident decision maker who is able to work independently
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purpose.