Ocado has built and operates a series of large, automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) to satisfy increasing demand from customers for a high-quality and reliable delivery service for online grocery orders. Ocado has created the Ocado Smart Platform (our automated CFCs and the supporting head office software to provide an online grocery business). Ocado has signed deals with a number of international Grocers to provide them with the Ocado Smart Platform.
As a result, a Group Transformation Office has been established to transform our business and develop the capabilities needed to design, build and run the Ocado Smart Platform for clients across the world. As Ocado transforms there is a growing need to support multiple complex projects across departments and missions.
We are looking for programme delivery managers who will be accountable for the delivery of complex projects and services that are delivered by multiple teams or have high technical or political risk. The majority of projects will have co-dependencies across multiple programmes, requiring close working with other transformation team members, but all require significant leadership and active stakeholder engagement across the Ocado Group.
What will you be doing?
- Identifying cross-functional improvements and building clear business cases to frame the problems and hypothesise possible solutions
- Securing support and/or funding for internal business cases through high-quality presentations to senior executives
- Designing how change programmes should be structured, the governance required, and how we will measure benefits
- At times, leading the execution of the programme before transitioning it back to BAU - supported by a clear transition plan
- Specific topics vary, including target operating model design, organisational design, application of a suitable framework, continuous improvement, system implementations, and other growth-related challenges (e.g. the split of accountabilities between our global, regional, and local teams and how do they work together)
- Ideally you will have a background in consulting, with a strong quantitative approach to influence and deliver successful outcomes.
- Experience in designing and implementing business unit strategies, operating model design and implementation and improvement initiatives
- Experience in building & maintaining relationships with C suite level stakeholders
- Ability to influence without authority and build structure from ambiguity
- Demonstrable agility, drive and curiosity to develop and improve yourself
- Well structured independent thinking, leveraging hypothesis-driven problem solving and similar approaches
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative problem-solving skills
- Understanding of how to design critical business KPIs to get the most out of business functions
- Strong commercial acumen and ability to understand a P&L statement
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Six Sigma qualification and M&A / integrations experience would be preferred
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.