Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
What will you be doing?
- Assist in managing and delivering a variety of projects ranging from fit out to mechanical and electrical installations to site improvement projects and new buildings including collating tender documents, managing tender process, contract negotiation and management of on-site works and defect period.
- Assist in Providing advice and guidance to stakeholders.
- Assist in Preparation and management and work within the agreed budget to assist in overall achievement of targets.
- Attend/participate in H &;S reviews, when appropriate, and ensure actions are completed within agreed timescales and all documentation maintained.
- Form excellent working relationships with site operational teams, contractors, service providers and Business support services
- Monitor the effectiveness of corrective actions and introduce preventative measures where appropriate.
- Management of contractors and permit systems.
- Site management and planning
- A reasonable technical ability relating to building services and or construction
- Degree qualified or Time Served
- Have a flexible approach including being prepared to work flexible hours and locations
- Computer literate
- Good attitude with a willingness to learn
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.