Is data your passion? Do you want to drive insight from data to enable senior stakeholders to make the right decisions? We have an exciting new opportunity for a Supply Chain Analyst to join our Supply Chain Analytics team permanently in Hatfield.
In Ocado Logistics we support all UK based Supply Chain operations for Ocado Retail and Morrisons online. We are constantly seeking to improve the way we do things in a changing business and this also involves working closely with developers in Ocado Technology to find the best way forward. In this role is it essential to become an expert in Ocado's in-house systems and to be comfortable interrogating and manipulating our Big Data. You’ll work with our partners to spec, design and develop tools and dashboards that bring the data to life, delivering recommendations to senior stakeholders and driving operational decisions.
What will you be doing?
- Extracting, manipulating and analysing data to provide critical management information reports or dashboards, to enable decision making on the key questions facing the supply chain team
- Providing concise and clear suites of reports to senior stakeholders, to improve the quality of decision making within the department
- Writing code via SQL in Oracle and Google BigQuery to extract appropriate data from related databases and datastores
- Problem solving individually and with the analyst team as our business grows rapidly
- Working collaboratively with both external and internal teams and stakeholders to drive quality and efficiency
- Liaise with external partners to understand data requirements and develop and test solutions.
- Leading and supporting projects such as laying data pipelines and to facilitate the launch of our newest robotic warehouses.
- Investigating ad hoc queries and troubleshooting problems to support other teams in supply chain complete their daily work and projects
- Publishing and reporting on supply chain’s core KPIs
- Becoming an expert on our systems and processes in order to consult on developments required to continue Ocado’s growth
- Working individually and as part of a team to provide solutions
- You'll be an accomplished analyst with experience working in multi-function, fast-paced environments. Ocado is growing fast and so is the demands of the business
- Demonstrable methodical and structured train of thought
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Articulate and persuasive - you will be able to explain complex ideas and data findings to key stakeholders
- Analyst with SQL experience working with Big Data preferred
- Strong command of Excel, VBA and/or analytical SQL, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.