An opportunity has arisen for an Inbound Optimisation Manager to join our Supply Chain Excellence Performance team, to be based at Ocado's Head Office in Hatfield, Hertfordshire.
The main purpose of the role is to support the Supply Chain Performance Team in the manipulation and interpretation of data to identify efficiency opportunities within Ocado’s automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs). We pride ourselves on making quick affirmative decisions and data is the driver to make this happen. Working for the Senior Performance Manager you will engage in various Supply Chain projects as the business grows. This can range from the short-term configuration of planning processes to supporting the implementation of the departments strategy
As an Inbound Optimisation Manager, you will be making decisions about how we efficiently balance inbound delivery volumes into our CFC’s, with a focus on capacity management and stockholding, to ensure we maximise the number of customers we can serve to the highest possible standard. Working with key stakeholders across the business to optimise the inbound delivery volumes, you will use your analytical insights to guide what we do. You will also have your own areas of specialisation, taking ownership of projects and building tools of your own conception.
- Using in-house reporting and tools to interpret data to support the teams decision making
- Working as part of a team as the go to person to peer review, ability to raise your point of view coherently and provide data of your own to support your view.. The team will rely on you to provide them with up-to-date and accurate data giving them insight on key KPIs through the manipulation of existing tools and data.
- Problem Solving. As Ocado’s number of CFCs grow you will be able to support in the inbound logistic planning and be part of the team providing the solution to some of the new challenges we will face.
- Providing ongoing support to the Supply Chain Performance Team
- Collaborating and liaising regularly with the CFC’s, to maximise operational capacities to meet customer demand
- Take ownership of the Buying Forecast for both Ocado and Morrisons customers in line with outbound sales capacity and sales to ensure we order sufficient buffer stock inbound to improve our key Supply Chain KPI’s
- Execute tactical changes to safety stock (stock buffer) levels daily to maximise inbound opportunities and improve KPI’s
- KPI monitoring and reviewing to help improve Key Supply Chain Metrics
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
- Operational, commercial or customer-facing role with strong analytical mindset
- Exceptional quantitative & qualitative problem solving skills
- A proactive team player, polite, helpful and approachable and willing to share information, knowledge and skills with others. Ability to fit in with others in the team and wider business
- Strong command of Excel
- Strong analytical skills and a technical mind set/proven ability to interpret numerical data
- Comfortable communicating with senior management and key stakeholders, both within the business and externally
- A strong track record in a FMCG or commercial Supply Chain environment
- A strong track record in demand planning and supplier management
- Proven ability working within a KPI driven environment
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all levels
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.