As true pioneers of the online grocery market, we’ve blazed a trail through an increasingly digital world, both leading and benefiting from the fast-increasing consumer shift to online shopping. At the heart of it all lies our technological know-how and unparalleled IP.
Our combined expertise and capabilities underpin the continued evolution of the Ocado Retail Limited platform, which has seen it become the biggest grocery retailer of its kind in the world. We're now taking those same unique qualities to help our partners around the world reach similar heights, through our Ocado Solutions business.
The Finance team at Ocado is an integral part of the company, providing business partnering, insight and reporting & analysis on performance. This is a key role supporting the technology side of our business where you will be responsible for providing business partnership and strategic decision making support, delivering insight, challenge and supporting the identifications of risk and opportunities to drive business performance.
What will you be doing?
- Build strong relationships and partner the senior leadership teams for their area providing insight and challenge to support decision making and implementation of the business plan, supporting the achievement of targets.
- Lead the planning, budgeting and forecasting process for their area including alignment of drivers and key assumptions enabling the delivery of the business plan (aligned to strategy and 5 year plan).
- Development of the operational drivers aligned to wider KPIs and metrics working closely with the business and wider finance teams.
- Partners the business to develop operational plans, through building strong working relationships with key stakeholders including the Head of People and COO of Ocado Technology.
- Lead and develop the team into true business partners, assisting key strategic decisions around people costs / headcount, future development centre plans and ad hoc projects.
- Advise on business planning assumptions, trade-offs and opportunities including proposition costing, efficiency or return on investment using a variety of data sources and modelling tools.
- Work closely with the Finance Excellence teams to develop and provide accurate and insightful reporting leveraging financial and non-financial data and lead the team to deliver ad hoc analysis to inform decisions.
- Manage the team to Identify trends, develop cost models, scenarios and foresight aligned with operational and business metrics.
- Provide financial expertise and support the delivery of the wider business transformation.
- Build and develop a high performing highly engaged team who provides great support and achieves high standards.
What would we like to see?
- Proven experience of partnering leadership teams in a fast paced environment, quick to build trusted relationships and be an expert advisor
- Strong commercial acumen and a strategic thinker, able to support the business in making critical decisions
- Demonstrable experience in managing and developing a high performing finance team, with a change leadership skillset
- A continuous improvement skillset, to drive efficiencies, performance and added value
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...