At Ocado Client Services we are responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
What You Will Do
The Maintenance Technician will play an important part in supporting the operation in our state of the art, automated Customer Fulfilment Centre, providing support and response to engineering fault conditions, maintenance activities, rebuild as well as proactive improvement works. Please note this role is days based Monday to Friday.
Role & Responsibility:
- Conducting planned preventative maintenance in an accurate, timely and safe manner ensuring maintenance procedures are followed.
- Update records of work activities, tasks carried out, and parts used through stores.
- Work closely with manufacturers, suppliers and internal departments in finding ways to improve process and increase machine reliability and performance.
- Respond to and diagnose equipment breakdowns, resolving issues and actioning repairs.
- Perform daily housekeeping and cleaning duties of equipment in support of the Engineering Operations department.
- Analyse data to find solutions to improve MHE performance, providing reports where necessary.
- Complete quality inspections to ensure work is carried out to a safe standard.
- Work to and follow all Health and Safety guidance
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Experience in electrical and mechanical maintenance and technical understanding relating to automation hardware and software would be preferred.
- A formal engineering related qualification.
- Demonstrable analytical skills with sound problem solving ability.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills, able to impart knowledge effectively to others.
- Good organisation skills, able to prioritise workload.
- This role involves working at height using a variety of access equipment, so technician will need to be comfortable working at heights
- Proficient with Microsoft & Google IT suites and CMMS (computerised maintenance management system)
- Problem solving
- Continuous Improvement
- Accurate with good attention to detail
- Time management
- Communication and organisational skills
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.