We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the systems and technology that power ocado.com, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer and groceries.morrisons.com, the world’s fastest growing online supermarket!
Ocado's mission is to revolutionise the way that the world shops - to achieve this we are building the Ocado Smart Platform. This provides a way for an existing retailer to go online with everything they need - website, order picking and delivery. As part of this the StorePick product provides a rapid way for retailers to get online and to start serving customers using their network of existing stores. The software is aimed at pickers who have to assemble the orders in local supermarket. We use Scala and Akka, Java, Android with DynamoDB, Kinesis, SQS/SNS, S3.
We’d like to talk to Software Engineers with strong demonstrable skills and abilities in:
- OOP and software design
- Java and/or Scala and/or other OO languages
- Developing high-quality enterprise software
- Good spoken and written English
- Continuous improvement
- Advocating Agile with good knowledge of scrum, kanban and lean working practices
We also like talking to people with:
- Knowledge of Java, Scala, Haskell, AWS, Cloud Computing and NoSQL experience as well
- Knowledge of Web Services and micro-service architectures
- A fanaticism for clean code!
- Passion and understanding for TDD, pair programming and other agile practices
- Practical experience with continuous delivery
- A mastery of git!
Our social package includes:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.