This position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment within the UK’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer and technology business. Ocado is now truly a technology led global software and robotics platform providing a unique end-to-end solution for online grocery partners on a global scale.
As Financial Systems Controls Senior Accountant you will be a valued team member responsible and take individual ownership for all aspects of the design, development and monitoring of the Group’s internal controls framework and system related controls including but not limited to ITGC and JML controls. This will entail implementing the governance and monitoring of financial and system based controls, documentation of the associated risks and controls, training of a wide range of stakeholders and providing deliverables and liaising with the Group’s auditors.
In this role, you will interact with a wide variety of people across finance and other supporting functions. This is a great opportunity to build strong relationships with the wider business, including the finance team, Group IT and Technology, whilst gaining exposure to various Ocado Group-wide initiatives, accounting treatments and connected controls, therefore viewing the ‘bigger picture.’
This role may also include providing support to the Group Finance Department in ad hoc projects, process improvements and other finance related projects driven by the growth of the business.
What will you be doing?
- Responsible for the identification, design and ongoing monitoring of all IT general controls (automated and process level) system generated report controls and Joiners Movers Leavers controls
- Responsible for design improvements, ongoing maintenance and monitoring of the Group’s Financial Controls Framework
- Liaise with Finance, and the wider business, to deliver training and embed processes and controls
- Responsible for ensuring that all risk and control matrices and process flows remain up to date and well documented
- Presentation to Senior Finance Leadership in relation to Financial Controls
- Identification of control deficiencies and leading on the design and delivery of remediation plans
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of controls using the compliance tool and designing new control monitoring routines within this tool
- Responsible for working, as a member of the Financial Controls and Process Improvement team, on change projects across Finance and the wider business to embed processes and controls
- Anticipates change and inputs into the vision for future development of the Group’s financial control environment
- Liaising with external Auditors, addressing requests and assisting with driving improvements raised by external stakeholders
- Participate in projects supporting Ocado’s rapidly growing business, driving improvements to accounting and reporting processes that support the growth of the business
- Systems controls qualification (CISA preferable)
- 5+ years PQE (preferably ACA / ACCA)
- Strong academics; minimum 2:1 at degree level
- Experience of implementing and/or monitoring a financial control framework
- Proven ability to explain technical matters to non-experts
- Evidence of in-depth knowledge of financial systems, how to assess their risks, design appropriate controls and test their design and effectiveness
- Previous experience of designing and implementing ITGC and JML controls
- Desire to assess effectiveness and optimise financial systems & drive change
- Experience of the COSO Framework
- Experience of Oracle Risk Management Cloud
- Working knowledge of programming languages (e.g. SQL)
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Experience of business process management / GRC software
- Experience of auditing (internal or external) cloud based Finance systems
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Experience of ERP systems (Oracle Fusion preferable)
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….