About Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We’re working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
Ocado Technology is looking for a number of Senior Data Analysts to join the Fulfilment department to deliver on an ambitious strategy to help Product teams make better-informed decisions using data. Currently, we generate vast amounts of raw data events (billions), and your mission will be to ensure these events are structured, modelled and used in a way that allows for effective conclusions to be drawn. As a Senior Analyst you can expect to take ownership of data (analysis) for 10+ cross-functional Product teams within a specific area of our Fulfilment product offering. The scope of the role is broad, covering elements of analytics engineering, data analysis, and (eventually) AB testing.
The Analyst team within Fulfilment is at the very beginning of it’s creation (manager bio), so you should be comfortable with high-levels of ambiguity, and excited by tackling large data challenges!! In particular, with the idea of building a modern analytics environment from scratch.
- Value - Identify the fundamental metrics / KPIs behind OSP, the levers that drive them and use these to help product managers unlock and track the value delivered by our products.
- Architecture - Understand where data resides, who owns it and how it is used throughout the platform, and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Tooling - Identify and build reusable solutions to enable analysis to build on previous work.
- Problem solving - Use your skills and experience to find platform problems and opportunities, help to size them and understand the route cause and drivers to guide the product roadmap.
- Data democratisation - Empower teams with the right tools, reports and guidance to leverage insight to make better informed decisions .
- Craft - Share best practice analytics techniques across Ocado Technology
We'd be interested to hear from you if you have the below...
- Can-do attitude in a fast-paced, complex and often ambiguous environment
- Strong bias for action and impatience for improvement
- Commercially-aware and user-focused - ability to understand needs and identify priorities to unlock value through analytics
- Demonstrable experience as a Data Analyst, preferably working in an energetic business setting. Ideally, you will also have some experience managing/mentoring other analysts but this is not essential.
- Analytics 101
- Designing KPIs and Metrics that Matter
- Applying data analysis techniques and mathematical methods to complex problems
- Large/complex datasets, SQL and Python
- Data-warehousing principles and best practices (e.g. Dimensional Modelling, Cube Design)
- Building self-service BI solutions e.g. Tableau, Looker, DataStudio
- Statistical analysis
- Active listener
- Ability to simplify the complex and tailor output for any audience
- Able to bring different skills and personalities together to deliver great outcomes
- Domain knowledge: Ecommerce, Supply Chain, Fulfilment or Logistics
- Experience of A/B testing implementation
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
We are committed to making reasonable adjustments to provide a positive barrier-free recruitment process and supportive work environment. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at the time of application.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.