We are currently hiring Senior Front-End Software Engineers for our Customer Web team.
The aim of the Customer Web team is to build and maintain our public facing UIs and systems that make up OSP, collaborating with developers to quickly get functionality live and having a positive impact on our customers lives.
The Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is live in 5 countries, with more to come, enabling thousands of people per week to get exactly the products they want at a time which is convenient to them.
This team will be working on the customer facing website, which means that your work will have a direct improvement on people's lives. Working side by side with our mobile and retailer systems development teams will mean that you will be in close collaboration on challenging problems like increasing personalisation, convenience, basket building tools or instant order.
Role & responsibilities
- Working with UX and Product teams to understand requirements and build components
- Build functionality that works in multiple countries around the world
- Support our platform
- Help to keep our software secure
- Share your knowledge and learn from other experts
- Build with performance in mind
- Explore new technical approaches to better our engineering practices
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Computer Science University Degree
- Good spoken and written English
- Experience with React
- Highly proficient in CSS
- Passion for user experience
- A fundamental understanding of automated testing
- Comfortable writing production-quality code, and rapid prototyping
- Strong collaboration skills that will allow you to work effectively alongside a cross-functional team
- A desire to learn from others in order to improve your breadth and depth of knowledge
- Node.js restful APIs
- Experience with CSS-in-JS or CSS preprocessors
- Building features with Accessibility as a core requirement
What we can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centers
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are currently at a brand new office in the 22@ district - the thrilling tech area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.