This role forms part of the team that underpins Ocado Technology's technical focus, being a key contributor to your team’s delivery. In this role, you will be a go-to person in your team, with great expertise, problem solving and knowledge sharing. You will be working with others to find great solutions and supporting technical decision making in your team.
Search is a key part of our focus within Product Discovery for driving retail performance for our partners. Currently Search accounts for over 50% of ads to the basket on OSP, and we want to increase that further. You will have the opportunity to be a part of a new team in Barcelona, which will partner with an existing UK based team. Learning new technologies, overcoming challenges that come from multi lingual partners, collaborating with Data Science to deliver personalised solutions and building a best in class product.
Engineering Manager, Engineering Team Lead, Senior Product Manager, Product Manager.
Role & Responsibilities
Leading & Influencing:
- Contribute towards technical decisions in your team.
- Help set standards and ways of working in your team.
- Support your team to deliver, contributing effectively to team continuous improvement.
- Responsible for your personal delivery towards team goals, managing and prioritising your workload effectively.
- Actively demonstrate the Ocado Technology Principles in the way you work.
Design for Future
- Contribute to technical discovery, sharing constructive ideas and critique.
- Participate in design activities and capture learning effectively.
- Design solutions with the Ocado Tech engineering principles in mind.
Deliver for Today
- Deliver business value that addresses today’s requirements, contributing to solving the related technical problems.
- Participate in the full product delivery lifecycle.
- Collaborate with, and review the work of others within your team.
- Identify and seek to reduce waste in our ways of working.
- Extract, gather and present data on the operation of your Product. Use this data to support future design and delivery.
Execute with Quality
- Familiarise yourself with the team’s domain and ways of working to adhere to and improve your team’s quality standards.
- Research and recommend industry practices that could benefit your team’s delivery.
- Implement and conduct testing in line with team standards.
- Find and fix security vulnerabilities where appropriate.
- Use and enhance diagnostics for your Product, in order to resolve faults.
- Deliver solutions to ongoing support queries.
- Provide 1st and 2nd line product support.
- Participate in out of hours support rota where agreed.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Experience with Java, or similar programming languages
- A fundamental understanding of automated testing
- Familiarity with continuous delivery concepts
- Strong collaboration skills that will allow you to work effectively alongside a cross-functional team
- A desire to learn from others in order to improve your breadth and depth of knowledge.
- Computer Science (or related subject) degree
- Good spoken and written English
- AWS CloudSearch experience
- Working knowledge of React and Node.js
What we can offer you
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Flexible WFH policy
- Share-saving scheme
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Safari Books - O’Reilly account
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are currently at a brand new office in the 22@ district - the thrilling tech area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.