This position presents the opportunity and challenge of working in both a dynamic and exciting environment within the UK’s largest dedicated online grocery retailer and technology business. Ocado is now truly a technology led global software and robotics platform providing a unique end-to-end solution for online grocery partners on a global scale.
As Financial Controls and Systems Senior Accountant you will be a valued team member responsible and take individual ownership for all aspects of the design and development of the Group’s internal controls framework and system related controls. This will entail implementing the governance and monitoring of financial and system based controls, documentation of the associated risks and controls, training of a wide range of stakeholders and providing deliverables and liaising with the Group’s auditors.
In this role, you will interact with a wide variety of people across finance and other supporting functions. This is a great opportunity to build strong relationships with the wider business, including the finance team, Group IT and Technology, whilst gaining exposure to various Ocado Group-wide initiatives, accounting treatments and connected controls, therefore viewing the ‘bigger picture.’
This role may also include providing support to the Group Finance Department in ad hoc projects, process improvements and other finance related projects driven by the growth of the business.
What you will be doing?
- Responsible for the identification,, designing and monitoring of all general IT, automated process level and system generated report controls
- Responsible for design improvements, ongoing maintenance and monitoring of Group’s Financial Controls Framework
- Responsible for working across Finance, and the wider business, to deliver training and embed processes and controls
- Responsible for ensuring that all risk and control matrices and process flows remain up to date and well documented
- Presentation to Senior Finance Leadership in relation to Financial Controls
- Identification of control deficiencies and leading on the design and delivery of remediation plans
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of controls using Oracle Risk Management Cloud and designing new control monitoring routines within this tool
- Responsible for working, as a member of the Financial Controls and Process Improvement team, on change projects across Finance and the wider business to embed processes and controls
- Inputting into the vision for future development of the Group’s financial control environment
- Anticipates change and inputs into the vision for future development of the Group’s financial control environment
- Liaising with external Auditors, addressing requests and assisting with driving improvements raised by external stakeholders
- Participate in projects supporting Ocado’s rapidly growing business, driving improvements to accounting and reporting processes that support the growth of the business
- 3+ years PQE (preferably ACA / ACCA)
- Strong academics; minimum 2:1 at degree level
- Experience of implementing and/or monitoring a financial control framework
- Proven ability to explain technical matters to non-experts
- Evidence of in-depth knowledge of financial systems, how to assess their risks, design appropriate controls and test their design and effectiveness
- Desire to assess effectiveness and optimise financial systems & drive change
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...