We are currently hiring Full-stack Software Engineers for our Content Management Systems team.
The aim of the team is to solve technical and user experience challenges in a high collaborative environment embracing agile development techniques (Kanban, Scrum) and continuous delivery to ensure a fast learning cycle, adapting them to what works best for us; limiting work in progress, releasing frequently, MVP-thinking.
The aim of this roles is to enable the Content Management Systems team to build and maintain our public facing UIs and also develop the Webshop part required to deliver the CMS roadmap.
Role & responsibilities
The roles and responsibilities of this role include:
- Working with UX and Product teams to understand requirements and build components (frontend and backend)
- Build functionality that works in multiple countries around the world
- Support our platform
- Help to keep our software secure
- Share your knowledge and learn from other experts
- Build with performance in mind
- Explore new technical approaches to better our engineering practices
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Computer Science (or related subject) degree
- Good spoken and written English
- Experience with React
- Experience with Java
- Highly proficient in CSS
- Passion for user experience
- A fundamental understanding of automated testing
- Comfortable writing production-quality code, and rapid prototyping
- Strong collaboration skills that will allow you to work effectively alongside a cross-functional team
- A desire to learn from others in order to improve your breadth and depth of knowledge
- Experience with Restful APIs
- Experience with CSS-in-JS or CSS preprocessors
- Building features with Accessibility as a core requirement
- Experience with the Spring framework
What we can offer you:
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centers
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are currently at a brand new office in the 22@ district - the thrilling tech area of Barcelona.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.