About Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We’re working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What does the team do
We are Ecommerce department and we build the online shopping experience for our retailer’s shoppers. You will join the team led by our Research Lead. Working with retail partners around the world, our team strive to create the next-generation of experiences that will change the way the world shops.
What would I be doing?
The UX Research position is a collaborative research role working with cross-functional teams focusing on web, mobile and voice shopping channels, as well as B2B applications for our retailers.
Our user experience community is growing and we’re looking for researchers who can help us better understand our users in different parts of the world. Even though our solution is adaptable to any marketplace, it is really important to be aware of regional and cultural differences.
You’ll coordinate, analyse, and communicate research, and identify where it is needed. Working alongside User Researchers and Product Analysts, you’ll interact with UX designers, PMs and developers as you work through generative and evaluative activities, collaborative analysis, and share evidence and insights.
And as part of our user research practice, you’ll be involved in building up our knowledge repository. We love design workshops, UX critiques, improving our accessibility, and we have access to a number of resources and tools to help us get the most out of our research.
Creating, testing and releasing our solutions in foreign markets is a really exciting space to be in, and watching more and more shoppers use our products from every continent of the globe is definitely what keeps us inspired and motivated.
For this UX Researcher role, we are looking for someone who…
- Contributes to being part of a high performing UX teams when working alongside product & engineering
- Is flexible and adapts to changing business needs and can prioritise work effectively
- Has the ability to self manage, organise and is able to plan, track and deliver work on time and to a high standard
- Is comfortable with processing and visualising data to help create insight, solve problems and inform recommendations
- Has strong written and verbal communication skills with a good emphasis on careful listening
- Doesn't settle for good enough, strives for greatness in every aspect of their work
We would love to hear from you if you have...
- Relevant industry experience or technology business
- Knowledge of working with mixed teams / functional areas, including product management, engineering, UX/UI
- Proven ability to plan, mange, track and deliver on commitments
- Intellectual rigour, possesses relevant abilities & is able to pick up new skills quickly
- Ability to work in a team effectively and / or work autonomously
- Ability prioritise in a fast-paced environment
- Exposure to working with design and technology teams
- Capturing business needs and user requirements to support product realisation
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.