Here we have a brand new vacancy for 2 x permanent Project Accountant's.
Reporting to the Senior Project Accountant within the Projects & Transactions team, this role is responsible for accurate and timely accounting and capitalisation of projects aligned to policy. Key responsibilities include ownership of the project lifecycle: Supporting business stakeholders from opening projects through to closing; month end close and first line reporting.
What you will be doing?
- Completing a timely period close for projects ensuring accurate reporting and reconciliations including adherence to transfer pricing requirements and review of intercompany asset transfers
- Fostering good working relationships with the Finance Business Partners and Project Managers
- Supporting the project forecasting process
- Ensuring (and supporting) compliance with group accounting policy & practice (in particular the Group’s project capitalisation and recognition processes)
- Facilitating ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific project issues
- Implementing and adhering to accounting policies set by the Financial Reporting team
- Ensuring all audit requests are dealt with appropriately and swiftly
- Administering projects from set up to closure ensuring that the relevant accounting standards are applied
- Providing first level of reporting on assigned projects to support decision making regarding costs and opportunities
- Managing recurring postings including statutory entries
- Assigning assets and applying capitalisation in line with policy, working closely with the Fixed Assets team
- Managing period close for their projects
- Supporting the change control process with relevant financial data and insight
- Facilitating ad-hoc analysis and insights on specific project issues.
- Working with the Project Managers ensuring project statuses are complete and accurate
- Supporting with impairment reviews
- Supporting the continuous improvement of processes with identifying and implementing opportunities
- Ensuring that controls are maintained and adhered to
- Execution of project activities (timesheet administration, travel & expenses, allocation of costs) accurately and on a timely basis
- Ensuring an efficient and accurate project accounting and support process; timely reporting and resolution of identified variances
- Project accounting / accounting experience in a global engineering / technology environment
- Knowledge of project accounting and accounting processes
- Experience in finance environment with a track record of delivering processes effectively to KPIs
- Relevant financial qualifications
- Knowledge of relevant finance systems
- Experience in a fast paced global environment
- Ability to set and achieve stretching goal prioritising their tasks and working closely with their colleagues
- Ability to completing their work to high standards whilst identifying opportunities for further improvements
- Mindset to own and drive their development plans to improve their technical and soft skills and the understanding of the business
- Strong attention to detail to provide accurate and timely data and reporting with the ability to present the information with the stakeholder in mind
- Adaptability to change and positive mindset
- Ability to build trusted relationships within their wider teams
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...