Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager the SFA (Treasury) is a key part of the Accounting team and is responsible for Treasury accounting processes within Finance Excellence, Accounting & Reporting. Key responsibilities include ensuring the teams adherence to group policies & practices as they relate to treasury accounting, monitoring of cash flows and supporting the forecasting process of the Group. The SFA is the link between Accounting and Treasury teams.
What you will be doing?
● Undertaking treasury accounting, reporting of ongoing and monthly activities including processing journal
entries/allocations, balance sheet reconciliation & review, monthly closure of accounting books and records and
the preparation of reporting on the group’s financial performance (cash flows and P&L forecasts)
● Ownership of Treasury journals impacting the GL including hedge accounting, bonds, Interest and FX postings.
● Ensuring (and supporting) compliance with group accounting policy & practice and liaison with the Treasury
● Acting as the link between transactional accounting and Treasury
● Review and monitoring of the Groups cash positioning
● Production of relevant forecast reporting to enable decision making
● Reviewing Substantiating account/general ledger balance reconciliations and providing first level commentary
● Responsibility for team’s adherence to the general ledger close / Period End close calendar timelines as they
relate to treasury accounting
● Liaising with business and country partners (country or commercial lines)
● Work with business partners and other finance areas to timely resolve variances and issues in order to meet
● Supporting country Treasury accounting activities to enable the effective running of operations and the inclusion of
country results and forecasts in the results of the group
● Act as the link between the Accounting team and the COE; resolve issues and or raise issues to senior
● Understand variances and proactively identify problems and opportunities to standardise, streamline and improve
processes and accuracy
● Provide financial reporting to other Finance teams as required
● Provide the accurate numbers for all relevant disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts (funds flow,
cash flow etc.)
● Support the team to implement and adhere to accounting policies set by the in-house technical team
● Support the global process owner for record to report processes by driving process efficiency, effectiveness and
● Support in building and developing the team, creating a culture of excellence
● Embed a culture of controls within the team, responsible for operating effectiveness of all key controls within the
department’s processes and remediation of any control weaknesses
● Ensuring the team is set up for success going into Half Year and Year End, ensuring all audit requests are dealt
with appropriately and swiftly
To succeed in this role you will need relevant financial qualifications and a sound understanding of regulatory environments. Also:
● Good understanding of core financial processes
and relevant systems
● Knowledge of accounting, tax and reporting
standards & principles
● Treasury background with a deep understanding
of Treasury processes and reporting
(management & regulatory)
● Experience in a fast-paced global environment
● Experience in delivering great customer / user
● Experience in process improvement, automation
Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
● Effective management of stakeholders (expectations)
and possesses the ability to build trusted relationships
● Ability to constructively challenge ways of working;
foster improvements to drive efficiency
● Mindset to own and drive personal development plans
● Support others to develop; improve their technical &
soft skills and their understanding of the business
● Ability to build and produce effective analysis & insight
to support decision making
● Ability to play an active role in change
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...