About Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We’re working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
About the Senior Product Manager role
Do you have the experience and mindset to successfully drive strategy into action?
Are you creative, commercial and entrepreneurial?
Do you want to work on cutting-edge, disruptive concepts?
To keep driving Ocado’s mission to ‘change the way the world shops’, the New Concepts team are responsible for developing a pipeline of innovative, disruptive new concepts that will step-change the industry-leading Ocado Smart Platform to create value for our clients and their customers. This challenging and exciting role leads efforts on a concept, working closely with product, design, delivery and commercial teams across Ocado at all levels to build and deliver our portfolio of game-changing concepts.
How will I spend my days...
- Developing our approach to concept development from strategy through to first of a kind implementation, building strong relationships across the Ocado Group
- Identifying opportunities to create value and problems to be solved to build a pipeline of potential new concepts to step-change the Ocado Smart Platform roadmap
- Collaborating with experts across the business to run concept discovery and develop potential solutions, chair cross-functional working groups, partner with finance and commercial teams to model platform KPIs and build business cases
- Supporting regular engagement with the Ocado Exec and senior leadership with focussed content to champion new concepts, winning backing for development prioritisation and facilitating effective decision making across the product portfolio
- Turning new concepts into reality, partnering with teams across Technology and Platform Implementation to design, simulate, trial and launch new concepts with our clients
Key skills we would like you to have...
Solving challenging problems, and making them a reality.
- A proactive, entrepreneurial strategic thinker able to cut through ambiguity and set out a logical path forward, balancing ambition, creativity and pragmatism
- Insight led - deep understanding of our clients and their customers
- Commercial and analytical - able to dive deep into the detail to truly understand the complexities and sensitivities of an online retail business
- Pragmatic, delivery-focused approach to drive to results -
- Build awareness of key objectives and openly collaborate widely to achieve them
- Create forums for feedback, build an environment of trust and collaboration
- Facilitate working groups to bring cross functional stakeholders together to drive concepts forward with high alignment
- Coach others to grow and expand their skills, creating opportunities to stretch and develop
- Drive strategic / systemic improvements in the concept development operating model
- Build improved collaboration, close integration and good alignment in ways of working with key stakeholders and teams
- Inspire continuous improvement and create an environment which allows people and teams to celebrate success, and safely learn from failure
We'd like to hear from you if you have....
- Worked in a fast-paced, dynamic, complex and often ambiguous environment
- Delivered programmes to internal or external clients working in a matrix structure
- The ability to build relationships and influence stakeholders at all levels across functions
- Developed new concepts from ideation through to successful implementation
- Experience building and leading highly effective, empowered teams
- An assertive but diplomatic approach with a bias for action, collaboration and optimism
- The ability to resolve ambiguity and bring clarity of purpose to conversations
What we can offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Free shuttle bus to and from Welwyn Garden City Train Station to the Welwyn Garden City offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.