Ocado Solutions is responsible for corporate partnerships, providing the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP") as a service to retailers around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications required to operate a world-class online grocery business. It is underpinned by Ocado's proven expertise and experience as a dedicated online grocer in the UK.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world.
We are currently looking to hire a Head of Engineering Quality to lead the delivery of world class engineering maintenance and repair standards for automation hardware across Ocado’s global facilities.
This role requires you to use your deep engineering and quality experience in a managed services environment to create and maintain standards and governance. Implement and operate frameworks to harness technical continuous improvement and ensure compliance. This role sits in our Client Services business function which provides support and maintenance of the Ocado Smart Platform solution wherever it is deployed around the world. The success of OSP is resulting in a rapid growth in the number of sites around the globe requiring onsite engineering support.
- Creation of world-class automation maintenance and repair standards, processes and documentation
- Deployment of the above including the design of training materials and training methods
- Building close and fruitful relationships with onsite engineering teams
- Establishing and operating an interactive governance framework and associated KPI’s and audit programmes to drive performance and compliance including cadence and SLA’s.
- Producing regular and insightful reports for site teams, central functions and senior management
- Establishing frameworks for creating and tracking specific recovery plans, including the capture and progression of lessons learnt
- Continuously improving and evolving all aspects of the above
Knowledge Skills and Experience:
- Appropriate degree (or equivalent qualification)
- Quality management, systems and techniques
- Operating within a customer-focused managed service environment.
- Engineering Background
Key Competencies Include:
- Strong leadership and communication skills at all levels
- Customer engagement ability and stakeholder management, ability to challenge / influence.
- Strong strategic thinker
- Good business acumen
- Process design and process mapping
- Experienced engineer
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits including Free Shares and Life Assurance
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
- Private Healthcare
- National discounts including Vodafone, Merlin Attractions, Cineworld, Enterprise Car Hire and many more
- Enhanced Pension scheme - matching up to 7% of your contributions
- Employee Assistance Programme
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.