We are Ocado Technology. We are building the software which powers our next-generation robotic picking and storage solution. This solution is a core component of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
As part of Advanced Technology, the Perception Robotics department aims to automate physical processes that require sensing, judgment, and object manipulation through the use of robotics and machine vision.
As a Team Leader in our Sofia Vision team, you will:
- Grow and lead a team of software engineers that actively develop, test and deploy vision algorithms and tools.
- Train existing and new ML models for extracting meta information from images and video streams.
- Design and implement end-to-end ML Pipeline solutions for capturing, processing and analysing visual process information.
- Work closely with the product owners, solution teams, and enterprise client representatives to make sure the right value is delivered at the right time and the team is aligned with global company and stream goals.
- Actively contribute to decisions related to our CI/CD infrastructure to constantly improve how we design, develop, test, and deploy ML models and data acquisition services.
- Effectively communicate with other teams and stakeholders across Ocado locations (Product teams, Research teams, UX, other R&D teams, etc.).
- Work closely with Ocado Sofia development centre leadership to build a great place to work (contributing to processes like recruitment, branding, induction, etc.).
Requirements for the position:
- Strong technical hands-on background in training ML models that extract information from images and video streams. Experience with TensorFlow or PyTorch.
- Hands-on software engineering practice in building microservice-driven, enterprise-grade software solutions leveraging on-prem and cloud (AWS, Google Cloud) technologies.
- Strong organisational and interpersonal skills with a can-do, positive mindset.
- Architectural awareness for systems that are dynamically evolving and are built to last.
- Deep knowledge in software testing and related processes and tooling.
- Internal motivation to achieve our common vision as a team.
- Practical knowledge in building end-to-end ML Pipeline solutions
- AWS or Google Cloud solutions in the ML space
- Software project management experience
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.