"We are on a mission to transform the future of grocery retail through sustained technology innovation”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using advanced artificial intelligence, robotics, big data, the cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond. With everything from websites to highly automated warehouses that we design in-house, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies, working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast- growing company: today we have colleagues in 7 development centres across the UK and Europe, with offices open in London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria) and Barcelona (Spain), with a satellite office in Stockholm (Sweden).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
We are currently looking to recruit an experienced Talent Acquisition Partner to play an active role in supporting our development centre in Barcelona to meet it's hiring plans. Working with, and managing, a team of two you will collaborate closely with the Head of Centre, the People team, the International Recruitment Manager, hiring managers and other business stakeholders to ensure the growth of the centre.
You will be responsible for all Technology recruitment activity including:
- Supporting the business in regards to its growth and attrition providing operational vision and solutions to complex operational recruitment challenges
- Line managing the local team including supporting their learning and development through knowledge sharing, coaching and mentoring
- Strategically addressing recruitment needs including future planning with stream hiring managers
- Ongoing evaluation of tools and processes in order to suggest improvements to the recruitment process
- Contributing to and supporting our employer brand internally and externally e.g. via company intranet, social media channels and external events
- Delivering and updating recruitment related training
- Appraising and recommending recruitment channels through research focused analysis to enhance company profile and enhance our recruitment pipeline
- Managing a number of vacancies concurrently throughout the full recruitment life-cycle, using an Applicant Tracking System (ATS) e.g. Greenhouse, Workday
- Candidate profiling using direct approach methods and conducting interviews via telephone and face to face
- Candidate management and communication; providing updates on applications and feedback
- Ensure an exceptional candidate experience both with internal and external candidates
- Nurturing candidate pipelines using Beamery to maintain warm talent pipelines for key skill capabilities
- Liaising with agencies and managing agency relationships including reviews of terms and conditions
- Managing relationships with hiring managers and recruitment stakeholders using data to support the relationship, demonstrating issues and to assist in providing solutions.
- Utilising external market knowledge to provide bench-marking and expertise for our hiring managers
We're interested in hearing from you if you can demonstrate:
- Experience working within an internal technology or technical talent acquisition function (Agency and/or RPO also considered)
- A track record in recruiting key capabilities within the Technology disciplines to include Software Engineering (Java, Mobile, Front-End, Team Leaders), Data Science, UX and Product Management
- Experience managing/mentoring/coaching a small talent acquisition team
- Experience of the full end-to-end recruitment life-cycle
- Experience working strategically with, and managing, stakeholders at all levels
- Experience with recruitment data and using data to inform and make decisions
- Full end to end recruitment, candidate sourcing and managing candidate experience
- Understanding of recruitment legislation
- Experience conducting behavioural/competency based interviews and understand best practice in interviewing
- Experience with TA technology stacks to include G-Suite (or Microsoft Office), Applicant Tracking Systems (e.g. Greenhouse, Workday, etc), Referral platforms (e.g. Real Links), CRM (e.g. Beamery), Interview Scheduling platforms
You will be:
- Self-motivated and able to work both autonomously and as part of a local and international team
- An excellent communicator, in written and verbal English and Spanish languages
- Collaborate and work successfully in a team including supporting others in their work, sharing ideas and challenging ways of working in a positive and constructive manner
- Flexible and adaptable and capable of managing self and others in a fast paced, pressured environment
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we will provide you with the best tools to develop amazing stuff. We invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available. We also really encourage people to attend conferences and be involved in the local developer community.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- 25 days of holidays per year
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance (3x your salary)
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- Developer exchange programmes between centres
- English and Spanish language courses
We are growing rapidly, making it a very exciting time to join, as we are building a brand new office in the 22@ district.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.