A high profile Finance Analyst role working with one of our external partners Ocado Retail Ltd. With the accountability to support the business including the provision of insight and analysis to support decisions, preparation of budgeting and forecasting and management information.
What will you be doing
Ocado has developed a world-leading grocery platform in the UK and more recently selling and operating the platform for retailers inside and outside the UK. Since 2019 Ocado has been working with Ocado Retail (a 50/50 joint venture with Marks and Spencer) to help them grow their business in the UK.
- Build strong working relationships with key stakeholders in their business area to support decision making
- Work closely with the Finance Excellence teams support the delivery of accurate timely management information
- Support the annual budget and forecasts process by preparing relevant packs and information to be presented to stakeholders
- Prepare analysis on variances against the plan considering financial and operational metrics providing insight to support action planning and decision making
- Prepare relevant analysis and models to inform operational planning
- Support with and review of capital spend approval requests, ensuring appropriate process. Prepare relevant models to inform decisions.
- Prepare and develop management information, insight and ad hoc analysis to support performance tracking, cost control and decision making ensuring these are timely, relevant and insightful
- Work closely with the project controlling team to support the business with accurate and timely insight and analysis on project financials based on accurate accounting of project transactions
- Provide analysis to develop cost models and support their maintenance aligned with operational and business metrics
- Support the delivery of business change
- Apply the right financial standards, compliance processes and controls into the business areas
- Identify, suggest improvements and work across the teams to implement improvements to business processes and financial controls to increase efficiency and ensure all costs are recorded accurately in the accounts.
- Knowledge of finance processes
- Experience in finance environment with a track record of delivering processes effectively to KPIs
- Relevant financial qualifications
- Knowledge of relevant finance systems
- Experience in a fast paced global environment
- Commercial acumen
- Deep understanding of the business and relevant business processes
- Strategic and analytical thinking
- Ability to set and achieve stretching goal prioritising their tasks and working closely with their colleagues
- Ability to complete their work to high standards whilst identifying opportunities for further improvements
- Mindset to own and drive their personal development plans to improve their technical and soft skills and the understanding of the business
- Strong attention to detail to provide accurate and timely data and reporting with the ability to present the information with the stakeholder in mind
- Adaptability to change and positive mindset
- Ability to build trusted relationships within their wider teams
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...