A high profile finance role supporting Technology senior management, ensuring they have visibility and insights into their area of the business. You will be working closely with Technology Engineering Directors and their teams, as well as being a key contributing member of the Ocado Technology Finance team.
Business Partnering is a key element to the role and also involves owning the P&L + Capex, budgeting, forecasting, balance sheet transactions for your area of the business/ stream(s). You will be providing key commentaries and analysis to support strategic decision making and assist the Senior Finance Manager and Head of Finance for Technology to manage the overall business. You will also ensure consistency and sharing of knowledge across business streams through working closely with other Finance Business Partners in Technology.
You will also need to challenge the current ways of working and improve the financial process of the Technology team, ensuring they are aligned with the changing Ocado business.
You will also be responsible for maintaining and developing the Technology OSP Cost Model, being the main point of contact for all OSP Technology costs across the business.
.What you will be doing?
- Business Partner the the OSP Software Development Streams, Group IT and Engineering Productivity, to provide insight and support decision making to achieve business objectives
- Monitoring our key Cloud Spends, identifying usage anomalies and cost saving opportunities, driving optimisation efforts and playing a central role in contract negotiations with our major Cloud Providers
- Investigating and understanding the key drivers of our OSP Technology Costs and leveraging this knowledge to own and develop the OSP Technology Costs model
- Being the main point of contact for all OSP related queries and owning the relationship with Ocado Solutions Finance
- Work closely with the Finance Excellence teams to develop and provide accurate and insightful reporting, leveraging financial and non-financial data
- Deliver the planning, budgeting and forecasting process for their area including identification of risk and opportunities
- Deep understanding of the operational drivers to provide relevant insight and decision making support
- Support business case development, commercial contracts, programme & project delivery and business reviews providing robust financial data
- Develop and articulate management information, insight and ad hoc analysis to support performance tracking, cost control and decision making ensuring these are timely, relevant and insightful
- Support investment appraisals and work closely with the project controlling team to support the business on the financial management of the projects through the project life cycle creating robust capex and opex plans.
- Support the development and maintain cost models aligned with operational and business metrics
- Ensure the right financial standards, compliance processes and controls are applied into the business areas
- Identify, suggest and implement improvements to business processes and financial controls to increase efficiency and ensure all costs are recorded accurately in the accounts.
- Manage, support and develop their team to drive engagement and performance
- Support the delivery of business change
- Qualified CIMA / ACA/ ACCA accountant with minimum of +3 PQE experience
- Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong academic record
- Experience of strong business partnering, Stakeholder management and working in a matrix structure
- Candidates must be able to prioritise and have a flexible approach
- Experience in creating business cases and complex financial models with NPV analysis
- Experience of reporting, period management, analysis and commentary
- Experience of budgeting and forecasting
- Advanced Excel skills
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...