Ocado is now truly a technology led global software and robotics platform providing a unique end-to-end solution for online grocery partners on a global scale. Ocado has entered into agreements with global partners to build and operate more than 50 Customer Fulfilment Centres in the coming years.
In spring 2020, we embarked upon a Finance Transformation programme (called Darwin) , which will deliver new business processes, new reporting and the implementation of a new enterprise-wide Finance system and Chart of Accounts and a Target Operating Model . Working in partnership with other transformation programmes from across the business, this will significantly improve the capabilities of Finance to support the plans of the company.
The next stage of our Transformation journey is the evolve phase - this is why we build on the strong foundation of the Darwin programme and build up on this. Our aims are to take finance forward, to be match fit for the next 15 years.
The ideal candidate is likely to have held a number of senior roles within Finance teams. They will need to manage a portfolio of projects focussed on product, process and system development, providing long-term delivery and project effectiveness. Providing project assurance to the Finance Leadership team for the portfolio of projects which will enable it to meet its operational and strategic objectives. To ensure current and future projects are delivered in line with best practice, project management techniques appropriate to the type and scale of projects and delivering the identified business benefit.
You will be responsible for
- Working with Head of Finance Transformation, FLT and departments to create a roadmap for future development aligned and prioritised in order to deliver strategic and business objectives (Examples will include further systems integrations with new countries, looking at improving our close process, developing a quicker planning cycle ,identifying approaches to automating our manual journals)
- Designing, developing and critiquing proposed project plans based on sound judgement and analysis
- Establishing a suitable governance framework and portfolio structure in order to deliver the necessary project capability to support delivery of the road map and business objectives
- Managing a portfolio of multiple projects, managing their interdependencies, resourcing and any proposed changes which may affect project priorities
- Monitoring the quality of project outputs to ensure strategic objectives are met
- Ensuring effective reporting of all projects to enable stakeholders, sponsors and management to make appropriate decisions
- Conducting portfolio meetings and attend project meetings where required
- Establishing effective working relationships with all stakeholders and ensuring effective portfolio communications
- Working collaboratively with internal stakeholders to define an approach to create a roadmap for future development of products, processes and systems
- Listening for, uncovering and resolving potential conflicts or disagreements about project priorities
- Ensuring portfolio resources are appropriate to enable the necessary operational and strategic capability
- Providing coaching and guidance to the subject matter experts who will support the programme, and building and managing meaningful and supportive relationships across the organisation.
- Work with Product Owners within Group IT and other partners within Ocado to ensure our systems are fully integrated and optimised
- Leading a team of process owners to ensure all processes are fully documented and kept up to date in our Navigate system
- Working with the change and comms team to ensure we manage change positively and communicate our plans, and provide relevant training where necessary
- Proven experience of portfolio delivery including providing portfolio assurance and governance
- Proven experience of translating business analysis, requirements definition and business case production into practical implementation
- A good understanding of Change Management activities and experience of inputting to change impact assessments, communications and training plans and materials.
- An ability to build strong and productive stakeholder relationships, including physically remote
- Effective negotiation and persuasion skills
- Expert planning and organisational skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to clearly communicate with senior management and the board
- Ability to coordinate colleagues and contracted parties through expert leadership, motivation, teamwork, supervision and accountability
- Proven capability to manage stakeholders at all levels
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Extensive experience of working in Finance teams as both a user and a supplier of solutions.
- The ideal candidate would also have experience of at least two major Finance Transformation programme, which includes an upgrade from Oracle R12 to Oracle Fusion.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...