We are pleased to present a newly created vacancy to support our expansion in Procurement & Finance here at Ocado.
You will redefine spend categories and approval workflows. Define and implement the group wide procurement policy and governance including tools, templates, processes to align ways of working, embed procurement best practice in the organisation and drive business wide compliance and effectiveness.
The role holder is accountable for
- Define and maintain procurement policies aligned to regulations, compliance and company risk
- Identify trends and new legislation and design initiatives to address these issues in conjunction with the Procurement and Legal teams
- Provide guidance and pragmatic advice on procurement policy to the wider Procurement teams
- Promote awareness for risks and related policies
- Develop and support the procurement governance framework across the group
- Define, maintain and implement relevant procedures, tools and templates
- Monitor and implement audit recommendations where relevant
- Define, implement and maintain a supplier risk management framework minimising commercial or reputational risk and maximising value for the business
- Track compliance and develop relevant actions plans and assurance processes
- Ensure relevant controls are built in the processes and they are fit for purpose for wider regulations eg. SOC
- Drive continuous improvement for the procurement process and its compliance
- Build capability and deliver training on relevant procurement policies and processes
To succeed in this role
- Proven relevant experience in developing and delivering procurement policies, procedures and templates achieving cultural change
- Experience in working in Procurement function and understanding of procurement/ supply chain processes (S2C and S2P)
- Experience in implementing best practice procurement policies, processes and systems
- Experience developing and landing category, contract and supplier management approaches
- Qualified/Partially qualified CIPS professional
- Process improvement experience with a proven track record
- Experience in Leading change/ Procurement Transformation
- Experience in developing performance and compliance reporting reporting
- Experience in developing and managing Risk Management framework and coordinating Audit processes/ action plans.
- Understanding of relevant regulator environment and relevant frameworks eg. SOC, CR reporting requirements
- This role requires a strong understanding of the various procurement cycles. Due to a number of Procurement processes interacting with other business processes, this role needs to have a strong understanding of the broader back-office systems and processes
- Excellent stakeholder / relationship management
- Influencing skills
- Excellent communication skills evidencing the ability to influence at all levels of the business
- Change management skill - proven experience in driving change and process improvement
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...