We are Ocado Technology. We are building the software which powers our next generation robotic picking and storage solution. This solution is a core component of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP). OSP is being marketed to retailers globally as a world-class platform for grocery eCommerce.
We are searching for Software Engineers that not only bring our product vision to life but care about the detail and the quality. Key thing we expect from you is that you’re excited about technology, solving problems and learning new things. The role will have close collaboration with Machine Learning Engineers.
Roles & responsibilities:
- Develop new software components, and extend and improve existing ones
- Integrate ML models from research team
- Participate in writing unit, integration, and system tests
- Support applications in production
- Interact with the Store Pick team and exchange information and knowledge with them
- Perhaps, mentor a Junior Python engineer
- Proficiency in Python
- Experience with any Python framework
- Experience with SQL/NoSQL databases
- Familiar with Linux
- Fast Learner
- Gitlab CI/CD
- Interest or experience with ML
- Desire to optimize existing code for both speed, and quality
- Experience with FastAPI, Flask, Django, etc…
- Experience with microservices and architectural design
What we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.