Within Ocado Group sits Ocado Logistics, the team that makes sure our customers receive their orders on time and in full. Ocado Logistics spans the life cycle of a customer order, from our Supply Chain Team who order the product into our Fulfilment Centres, to the Planning Team who make sure we have the right people, trucks and vans in the right place at the right time, to our Warehouse and Transport staff who process every single order and make sure that it gets to our customers when they expect it.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Analyst to join our busy team permanently, based in Hatfield. You will be joining a team of Analysts that specialise in extracting and interpreting data to identify efficiency opportunities with a multi-million pound scope, directly impacting thousands of colleagues and hundreds of thousands of customers. We pride ourselves on making quick affirmative decisions and data is the driver to make this happen.
What will you be doing?
- Extracting, manipulating and analysing data to provide critical management information reports or dashboards, to enable decision making on the key questions facing the supply chain team
- Providing reports to senior stakeholders, to improve the quality of decision making within the department
- Writing code via SQL and Google BigQuery to extract appropriate data from related databases and datastores
- Problem solving individually and with the analyst team as our business grows rapidly
- Working collaboratively with both external and internal teams and stakeholders to drive quality and efficiency
- Liaise with external partners to understand data requirements and develop and test solutions.
- Leading and supporting projects such as laying data pipelines and to facilitate the launch of our newest robotic warehouses.
- Investigating ad hoc queries and troubleshooting problems to support other teams in supply chain complete their daily work and projects
- Publishing and reporting on supply chain’s core KPIs
- Becoming an expert on our systems and processes in order to consult on developments required to continue Ocado’s growth
- Working individually and as part of a team to provide solutions
- You'll be an accomplished analyst with experience working in multi-function, fast-paced environments. Ocado is growing fast and so is the demands of the business
- Demonstrable methodical and structured train of thought
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Articulate and persuasive - you will be able to explain complex ideas and data findings to key stakeholders
- Analyst with SQL experience working with Big Data preferred
- Strong command of Excel, VBA and/or analytical SQL, or similar to these (e.g. SAP, SPSS, SAS, programming experience)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.