Here we have a newly created vacancy to support our expansion in Procurement & Finance here at Ocado. We will consider someone for a 6 month FTC to help us get this off the ground and you could become a permanent member of the team, as we will also need someone on a perm basis. So if you are looking for a contract role or a perm role, this could be the right option for you.
You will define and implement Purchase to Pay strategy and work with the Business to deliver transactional efficiencies. Owning Ocado’s ‘Purchase to Pay’ strategy, the role holder will be responsible for creating a vision and roadmap for the future direction of the organisation’s transactional purchasing activities.
Ocado is transitioning from Oracle R12 to Oracle Fusion and we require someone with experience who is keen to make their mark here at Ocado by redefining spend categories and approval workflows.
Key to the role will be the development, implementation, maintenance and continuous improvement of world-class ‘Purchase to Pay’ policies, processes and tools across Ocado to ensure that the organisation’s spend is appropriately managed and controlled.
Acting as subject matter expert, the role holder will play a key role in:
- establishing and maintaining excellent relationships across the procurement functions within the Ocado missions and Group function,
- providing thought leadership and supporting the teams in delivering the value derived from contractual negotiations and
- driving high levels of compliance to Ocado’s processes and use of preferred suppliers,
- maximising the user experience whilst minimising risk.
- Owns the development and implementation of Ocado’s Transactional strategy, creating a clear and compelling vision of the short, medium and long term roadmap (incl. Adoption of catalogues, smartforms, use of CPAs, BPAs, approval workflows etc.)
- Accountable for defining and implementing Ocado’s Purchase to Pay policy, ensuring that the policy reflects industry leading practice and driving high levels of compliance across the business
- Ensure that Ocado’s core controls framework is maintained effectively with controls being executed and monitored to give real assurance that all Purchase to Pay processes are subject to a high standard of rigor and that systems are maintained and developed to a high standard
- Responsible for continuously improving Ocado’s Purchase to Pay processes and systems, maximising process effectiveness and efficiency, and ensuring that they reflect industry best practice
- Owns and maintains Purchasing/Spend Categories to be used in Oracle Fusion
- Supports the mission Led Procurement teams and develop, maintain and manage changes to catalogues and smart forms and identify opportunities to deploy more of these and drive good levels of usage across the preparer community. This includes delivering user education and training to support this
- Define and report on P2P KPI performance and develop relevant action plans
- Champion the e-enablement of our supply chain, promoting the use of and developing Ocado’s catalogue and electronic invoicing propositions
- In depth knowledge of the Purchase to Pay process with a thorough understanding of industry best practice and its application
- Excellent Oracle Financial skills – particularly Oracle R12/Fusion and iProcurement, Purchasing and Accounts Payable
- This role requires demonstrable problem-solving, adaptability and customer-minded skills and approach. This role requires rigor and proactivity but also needs to be reactive to ad-hoc/ urgent queries. The role has to understand the Procurement needs and translate this into appropriate P2P performance and solutions
- This role requires a strong understanding of the various procurement cycles
- This role needs to understand internal governance and controls as well as financial implications related to various P2P solutions in order to appropriately adapt these to the relevant type of transactions.
- This role requires the ability to identify and deliver optimised P2P solutions. It requires benchmarking with other organisations and keeping abreast of new technology and solutions
- Strong project management skills with a structured approach to work and track record of successfully delivering significant projects
- Strong communication skills evidencing the ability to influence at all levels of the Business
- Excellent Oracle Financial skills (preferably with knowledge of Oracle Fusion)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...