As part of the Ocado Group Finance team, this new role sits within the wider Platform Implementation commercial finance team supporting Supply Chain. As a Finance Analyst in Platform Implementation, you will partner with the Engineering Supply Chain and Procurement teams to add value, improve performance and support the delivery of the Transformation programme to meet the needs of the current and future business environment.
You will be responsible for overseeing all financial activities associated with inventory cost management for Grid components and will be working closely with Supply Chain and the wider Manufacturing Request Planning (MRP) team. In addition to this, you will be involved in transformation activities as part of the roll out of MRP into Oracle Fusion across other asset categories. This is a fantastic opportunity to embed down inventory management and to design and influence ways of working for the business.
What will you be doing
- Establish strong and trusted working relationships with senior management and business partners across Engineering Supply Chain, Transformation, and the wider Finance team
- Maintain the MRP inventory system for Grid components and oversee inventory movements to ensure timely recharges to CFCs
- Develop a detailed understanding of the cost drivers and purchase price variances to identify risks and opportunities and other focus areas.
- Develop and maintain robust, timely and accurate accounting processes and reporting of business area costs and KPIs to provide added value to stakeholders
- Continually identify and implement improvements to business processes to increase efficiency and ensure all costs are recorded accurately in the accounts, as the business continues to grow
- Develop reports and analysis to give insights to Supply Chain and the Project Finance teams on centrally held inventory and deliveries to CFCs
- Influence the future design of MRP as part of future transformation activities
- Proactively support Supply Chain with ad-hoc commercial activities
- Review proposals for capital expenditure across the business area, and support the budgeting process to ensure that all costs and key assumptions are captured
- Qualified ACA / ACCA /CIMA accountant with +1 PQE experience
- Minimum 2:1 degree and other strong academic record are essential
- Experience in supporting finance and non-finance teams essential
- Advanced Excel skills are essential
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...