We are Ocado Technology. We are designing and building the software which powers our next-generation robotic picking and storage solutions. These solutions are the core of our Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) which are offered as part of the Ocado Smart Platform (OSP).
The Perception Robotics department aims to automate physical processes that require sensing, judgment, and object manipulation through the use of robotics and machine vision.
As a member of our Green Backend team, you will:
- Design and implement micro-services that live on-prem and in the cloud to manage the communication between the Ocado warehouse management systems and our Robotic Pick autonomous solution. These services will be written predominantly in Java
- Design and implement monitoring and alerting services as well as new workflows to manage the Ocado warehouse management processes
- Actively contribute to our CI/CD infrastructure to constantly improve how we design, develop, test, and deploy our software
- Design and implement big data analytics solutions to collect, transform and use data for autonomous decision making and process improvements
- Effectively communicate with other teams and stakeholders across Ocado locations (Product Teams, Research teams, UX, other R&D teams, etc.)
Requirements for the position:
- Strong and deep technical hands-on background in building microservice-driven, enterprise-grade, backend solutions in Java
- Architectural awareness for systems that are dynamically evolving and are built to last (high scalability, high availability, high performance)
- Experience in implementing enterprise-grade error handling mechanisms
- Strong experience in using different communication protocols and data formats
- To “feel at home” working with CI/CD processes to test and deploy containerised services on-prem and in the cloud (AWS)
- Deep knowledge in software testing and related processes and tooling
- Internal motivation to achieve our common vision as a team.
- Knowledge and experience with multi-cloud solutions (AWS, Google Cloud, and Azure)
- Security mechanisms for data-at-rest and data-in-motion
In return we can offer you:
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.