About the role
Your purpose is to equip your department(s) to deliver value increasingly effectively, efficiently and sustainably by embedding and applying agile and lean principles. You will influence leaders and teams within the stream, across engineering and product, by demonstrating the value of agile/lean principles, teaching and challenging the teams and leaders they work with.
The Agile Coach focus is at departments and teams in order to equipping, coaching and teaching the teams.
Role & Responsibilities
Be a support for self-sustaining improvement. You will be an ambassador/guardian for our principles of Craftsmanship, Collaboration, Autonomy, Trust and Fast Learning, and grow the organisation in its understanding and implementation of agile and lean principles. You will be an independent voice who can hold us accountable.
Within your stream/department you will:
- Encourage, teach and coach Agile and Lean thinking and application. For example, helping teams and leaders to:
- visualise their workflow
- understand their customer needs to prioritise customer value
- build/maintain a healthy culture that promotes effective team working
- understand and use key metrics to understand impact/progress
- facilitate continuous improvement, transparency, self-organisation and empowerment
- Work with sponsor to identify measures of success and goals for the Agile Coach within the departments/teams, to ensuring alignment with stream goals.
- Train and upskill teams with the capabilities to work effectively in an agile and lean way, ensuring that skills are embedded and self sustaining.
- Design and facilitate effective workshops to meet specific organisational needs (e.g. stream level retrospectives, strategy offsites etc.). Train senior leaders to run these independently, growing their self-sufficiency.
- Grow Team Leaders, Product Managers and team members in facilitation and meeting design (e.g. for team health checks, planning, discovery, reviews, retrospectives).
- Run relevant trainings (e.g. Kanban, metrics, feedback) in line with the Learning & Development strategy.
- Seek to understand departmental and stream-wide obstacles and smart ways to remove/improve them.
- Able to apply industry best practice, following agile, lean, systems thinking etc. and adapting approaches appropriately to our context to bring great understanding/application in house.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Knowledge of a variety of agile/lean approaches and theory (e.g. scrum, kanban, etc.). Sound understanding of underlying principles and ability to apply these principles in a variety of situations.
- Proven communication and trust building skills.
- Experience as a development team focused agile coach.
- Proven facilitation skills.
- Strategic and systemic mindset. Awareness and pragmatism to know what to push when.
- Knowledge of broader parts of the agile/lean movement (e.g. systems thinking, motivation theory etc.)
- Training delivery experience
- Experience in an engineering IC role
- Experience in an engineering management role
- Formal coaching training
What we can offer you
A relaxed, international, talented, creative and friendly environment, where we invest in our employees, ensuring we provide them with the best in-house and external training programs available.
- Flexible working hours with short Fridays
- Reduced hours in August
- Private Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ticket Restaurant
- Ticket Transport
- Ticket Kindergarten
- Flexible WFH policy
- Share-saving scheme
- Gym membership discounts
- Fresh fruit, snacks, tea and coffee
- Monthly social events
- Table football, board games and Nintendo Switch
- Tech Talks and internal trainings
- English, Spanish and Catalan language courses
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.