We’re in an exciting period of transformational change at Ocado. We're seeing significant international developments in our Solutions business, while our UK Retail business continues to grow as part of a new joint venture with M&S. As we transform, we are also evolving the People Operations function by implementing and improving systems and processes to support our employees and set them up for success whilst we scale.
This is an exciting fixed term contract opportunity for an experienced PMO to lead the set up of the People Operations programme management office which will enable our transformation journey. You will be accountable for ensuring governance frameworks are in place and implement a structured reporting mechanism for the Operational Excellence programme.
Reporting into the Head of Operational Excellence and working together with your peers across the business, building strong partnerships across different client areas at all levels, you will define programme methodologies, develop the tools and templates, establish resource planning, prioritisation, benefits tracking and all of the governance required to deliver Operational Excellence across the People Function.
This role requires a subject matter expert in project delivery/controls, with previous experience in setting up and managing PMOs in an international, scaling environment. Strong cost, reporting, analysis, scheduling capabilities and risk management experience are required, as well as the ability to influence and change mindsets within an ever-growing organisation.
What will you be doing?
- Developing programme methodologies and guide the team to ensure the right standards are being set.
- Build a suite of tools and templates for managing flights (projects).
- Develop the programme governance framework, ensuring sizing and prioritising projects, filing plans and that all projects in the air remain on time and land effectively.
- Produce and maintain a programme road map of all in flight, upcoming and scheduled flights and manage resource allocation, ensuring the right people are in place.
- Organising and chair program meetings ensuring actions are rigorously managed. Facilitate problem solving and decision making.
- Set-up a structured reporting mechanism (clear ownership, due dates, expected content & quality). Pursue quality and accuracy in all reports.
- Report to the People Leadership team and business stakeholders on the status of projects (risks & issues, finances, resources, planning & landmarks, deliverables & sign offs). Trigger actions & ensure Project Managers/Solutions Specialists adhere to the agreed methodologies.
- Set up and maintain a programme repository/storage for all project documentation, with a clear structure, with proper access management (Internal & external) and naming conventions.
- Manage the Stakeholder plan to
- Manage dependencies with other transformation projects and escalate where necessary
- Manage risks and issues and taking corrective action where appropriate
- Manage all programme collateral, ensuring governance documents are kept up to date.
What we would like to see?
- Previous experience of setting up and running a Programme Management office (within a HR function is highly desirable but not essential).
- Experienced in the use of a wide range of project/programme management tools such as Prince 2, Agile, Lean and Six Sigma.
- Internationally minded with previous experience working in a global company understanding the nuances of operating in a global environment
- Strong use of data insight to drive change, influence stakeholders and make decisions
- Adept at change management in a dynamic fast-paced international environment, and an ability to prioritise competing needs of different missions.
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry also means transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us, in Trident Place we offer weekly exercise classes, a games room, coffee shop and an amazing food hall to satisfy you at any time of day with breakfast, lunch and dinner.
All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of : 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, paternity and maternity leave, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and family friendly offers.