Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
We are looking for a hands on Programme Manager to join our Project Office team, to manage our Platform Implementation change programme, driving excellence throughout the team.
The Programme Manager position within the Project Office team is a senior and leading role, accountable for driving and delivering the delivery of a key, strategic programme of projects that are instrumental in ensuring our business is set up to continue its rapid growth trajectory.
The Programme Manager must be hands-on, with strong stakeholder management, collaboration and communication skills, with the ability to work effectively cross-functionally, with stakeholders at all levels. This position takes responsibility for the planning, execution and management of the Change Programme, handling risks and issue escalation and communicating programme status at regular intervals to the Senior Leadership Team. This position has line management responsibility for a team of project managers.
The role is based in our Hatfield head office, but some UK/international travel may be required.
What will you be doing?
- Leadership of the project management team with direct and indirect reports (both internal and external)
- Creating, managing and monitoring budget, schedule and specification across the programme
- Reviewing and grow the Change Programme governance framework
- Ensuring programme conformance to governance policies and processes
- Creating, managing and communicating the change programme deliverables and roadmap
- Managing interdependencies between the projects within the programme
- Managing programme interactions with the steering committee
- Monitoring and managing programme risks, performance, and communications
- Managing and escalating, as required to the steering committee, programme risks, issues and opportunities
- Monitoring and reporting on overall programme budget
- Assessing programme benefits and ensure they remain aligned with the programme strategy
- Liaising with and driving multiple internal and external stakeholders and suppliers
- Project managing a set of change projects
- Delivered large scale programmes within the construction, engineering and retail/e-commerce sector
- Lead, direct, in-direct, matrix style teams interacting with SMEs working across time zones
- Line manager experience of a small to medium sized team
- Experience in designing and implementing business change strategies and improvement initiatives
- Degree or relevant qualification/work experience
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills at all levels (both for internal and external teams)
- Ability to maintain great working relationships (both internally & externally)
- Ability to project a professional & enthusiastic image at all times; providing leadership and motivation to the teams (inc. stakeholders and suppliers) setting out clear goals & parameters
- Adaptable with the ability to respond quickly to changing priorities and ambiguity
- A highly analytical and logical approach to work
- Ability to understand and challenge expert opinions
- Strong proven Programme and Project Management
- Change Management
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…