Who Are We
We’re Ocado Technology. We design and build the systems with technology that powers ocado.com, the world's largest online-only grocery retailer; groceries.morrisons.com, the fastest growing online supermarket, and other clients.
We are constantly pushing the limits of what our technology can do. To accelerate this work, we are expanding our development team in Sofia, Bulgaria and opening new roles.
As our business evolves, we are writing a next generation, cloud based grocery platform, Ocado Smart Platform, which will be used to run Ocado, Morrisons, Kroger, ICA, Aeon, Coles and other international retailers in the future. Join us and you’ll have the opportunity to work across a wide range of high class technology, with exceptionally smart and collaborative people, to create an unrivalled platform.
We’d like to meet Engineers that demonstrate skills in …
- Leading a team of software engineers and applying principles of continuous improvement
- Implementing good Agile practices with knowledge of Scrum, Kanban, etc.
- Learning the business domain, fostering good relationships within the business and product managers
- Interviewing candidates for engineering roles
- Mentoring development team and reviewing development work
- Architectural oversight, technical leadership and strategic direction
- Programming and object-oriented design skills
- Written and spoken English
We also like talking to people with ...
- Knowledge of Java and Python
- Knowledge of Web Services and microservice architectures
- Knowledge of clean code
- Passion and understanding of pair programming
- Experience with continuous delivery
- Degree in Computer Science or related subject
In return you’ll get ...
- Great remuneration package
- 25 days paid leave
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Life Insurance
- Enhanced Maternity and Paternity Leave policy
- Free Share Plan program
- Share Purchase Plan program
- Work-life balance and work from home practice
- A choice of equipment (MacOS / linux / windows)
- Both in house and external training programs
- Your own training dedicated budget (for conferences, courses etc.)
There’s a lot going on at Ocado Technology! Click to find out more about our values and our recruitment process.
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.