What does the team do
The Enterprise Applications team are focused on providing business applications and services which are supported, stable and streamlined to enable Ocado teams to work in a clear, controlled and cost effective manner.
Working within the Financial Systems team, we’re looking for a Team Manager to lead our team of highly skilled Oracle Technical Analysts. We’re looking for someone who will be responsible for aligning the team’s workload and tasks in line with business priorities. Although the role is relatively ‘hands-off’ we’d expect the successful candidate to be a technical point of contact for the team & have significant experience with Oracle R12 / Fusion.
What would I be doing?
- Ensure Fusion mandatory releases are deployed successfully working with an Oracle Delivery Manager.
- Be responsible for incident, change and problem management & continuous improvement planning.
- Collaborating with a wide variety for key business stakeholders, as a partner and as an escalation point
- Provide regular reporting and analysis including root cause analysis with mitigation actions through completion.
- Concurrent jobs management and review
- Knowledge of Multiple ledgers and sub ledgers running in multiple geographies
- Period end processing
- Managing IT initiative changes through to completion
- Creation and maintenance of a report library
- Improvements to system control in line with ITCWG & to existing Starter Movers Leavers processes.
- Revamping the existing ITSM Tool and making changes to align to new IT processes and procedures.
- Supporting the move of this department to a new business structure and working with other managers to help prepare the team, helpdesk and processes for Oracle Fusion
- Stakeholder management through regular reviews and improvements plans for different business areas.
- Develop and mentor team members through 1-2-1’s, reviews and objective setting.
What we are looking for
- Significant experience working as an Oracle ERP/Fusion Support Analyst (or functional consultant) for Oracle ERP Applications (Fusion cloud). (PPM, EPM, GRC, SaaS suite, OCI)
- Experience leading an Oracle team, as a manager or senior member of the team
- Demonstrable experience Improvement plan through initiation to completion
- Functional Financials & Supply Chain Management experience in Oracle Fusion.
- Functional knowledge of GL, AR, AP, iExpenses, CE, FA, PO, iProcurement, MRP
- Understanding and experience in Configurations/Customisations, Extensions, Modifications, Localisations, Interfaces (CEMLIs)
- Experience of managing Oracle Service Requests, including Sev-1 SRs, and the SR escalation process
- Troubleshooting problems, including functional replication of issues
- Delivery and demonstrable E2E testing experience.
- Delivery of large and small change within a large organisation using change management processes and procedures
- Proven experience of change control management & release management
- Functional knowledge of Order Management, Inventory, Projects
- Oracle OBI & OTBI
Experience with the following systems would make you stand out from the crowd
- Oracle R12
- Oracle SQL and SQL tools e.g. SQL Developer, Toad
- ITIL Certification
- Oracle PL/SQL
- Oracle Workflow
- Oracle Certification
About Ocado Technology
“We are on a mission: to transform the future of online grocery through cutting-edge technology innovation.”
Ocado Technology is changing the way the world shops using advanced Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Robotics, Big Data, Cloud and IoT. We develop the innovative software and hardware systems that power Ocado.com, as well as the unique ‘Ocado Smart Platform’ which is being implemented by ambitious retailers across the world from Europe to America, Asia and beyond.
We build everything in-house: from intelligent, frictionless e-commerce platforms to highly automated warehouses, our employees are skilled specialists with expertise across a wide range of technologies. We’re working on cutting-edge innovations that are shaping the future of our society.
We are a fast-growing, global company. Today we have colleagues in development centre across the world - London, Hatfield, Welwyn Garden City (UK), Krakow, Wroclaw (Poland), Sofia (Bulgaria), Barcelona (Spain), Stockholm (Sweden), Las Vegas, San Francisco (USA) and Toronto (Canada).
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment with inspiring projects that our people love. Core values of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture. But don’t just take our word for it, have a look at what our people are saying about us on Glassdoor.
What we offer you
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.