“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouses that we design in-house, our world-class talent constantly moves the goal posts of what is possible to achieve through sustained technological disruption.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core principles of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
Based in Hatfield (16min train commute from London King’s Cross), we also have offices in Krakow, Wroclaw, Barcelona & Sofia
About the team
As the Business Analyst you will be supporting the discovery and delivery for Bespoke work and Build / Buy / Partner initiatives coordinated through the Bespoke Partner Delivery team. You will be responsible for providing the analysis function and capability for all bespoke delivery requests that come through from Solutions or Technology in order to assess potential partner products / services as part of the Build / Buy / Partner framework.
As the Business Analyst you will be responsible for:
- Capturing and documenting all requirements for bespoke work
- Working with delivery partners to ensure requirements are understood and broken down correctly for functional delivery
- Providing UAT and be the point of contact for maturing and refinement sessions with partners
- Conducting gap analysis work on potential partners
- Working with the Product Manager, Delivery Manager, Lead Architect and Lead UX to ensure successful delivery
- Supporting the definition of any migration and cut-over approach
- Ensuring the requirements captured are structured in a concise and coherent way to feed into the product development process
- Assessing the 3rd party product solution
- Supporting the technical spikes of the 3rd party product solutions
We would like you to have:
- eCommerce and Grocery retail background
- Experience working within product teams alongside UX/UI, architects and product managers to build use case and flows.
- Demonstrable experience in the migration and transition of software platforms and systems
- External communication with clients
- Working with outsourced development resource
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Experience liaising with and influencing stakeholders across a variant of seniority levels
- A keen eye and attention to detail
What we can offer you…
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. We can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and;
- Flexible working patterns and options for remote working (depending on your role/team)
- Wellbeing support through Apps such as Unmind and an Employee Assistance Programme
- 25 days annual leave, rising to 27 days after 5 years service (plus optional holiday purchase)
- Pension scheme (various options available including employer contribution matching up to 7%)
- Private Medical Insurance
- 22 weeks paid maternity leave and 6 weeks paid paternity leave (once relevant service requirements complete)
- Train Ticket loan (interest-free)
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free shuttle bus to and from Hatfield Train Station to the Hatfield offices [Only include for relevant roles]
- Opportunity to participate in Sharesave and Buy as You Earn share schemes
- 15% discount on Ocado.com and free delivery for all employees
- Income Protection (can be up to 50% of salary for 3 years) and Life Assurance (3 x annual salary)
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment. If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one. All benefits information is subject to change and the terms of the individual arrangements.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.