We are looking to hire a Financial Process Improvement Accountant to come and join us on a 12 month FTC. This opportunity will give you maximum exposure across our wider finance function as you become a subject matter expert within our expanding business.
As Financial Process Improvement Accountant you will be working within a collaborative team that is responsible for designing, implementing and monitoring end-to-end processes in adherence with the Group’s financial control framework and part of a team that lead large-scale change projects to the Group’s end-to-end processes.
In this role you will collate requirements from a variety of stakeholders and work with others in the business (Finance and non-Finance personnel) on how to embed and maintain the new process. You will be part of a team of professionals responsible for taking ownership of aspects of the design, development, implementation and monitoring of the Group’s financial controls framework and the identification and implementation of improvements in end-to-end processes.
What you will be doing?
- Supporting the design, implementation and monitoring of end-to-end processes in adherence with the Group’s Financial Controls Framework
- Responsible for the identification and monitoring of all business controls, automated process level and system generated report controls, and relevant general IT controls, within assigned end-to-end processes
- Supporting the design of process improvements, and their subsequent implementation and monitoring in line with the Group’s Financial Controls Framework
- Responsible for ensuring that all risk and control matrices and process flows remain up to date and well documented
- Responsible for working, as a member of the Financial Controls and Process Improvement team, on change projects across Finance and the wider business to embed processes and controls
- Responsible for working across Finance, and the wider business, to deliver training and embed processes and controls
- Support in the development & delivery of presentations to line management and other process improvement stakeholders in relation to financial controls and process improvement activity
- Supporting the identification, design and the subsequent implementation of process improvements having gained stakeholder support for the improvement in line with their roadmap for identified control deficiencies
- Support detailed project planning on change projects; responsible for monitoring and tracking of progress
- Identification of control deficiencies and supporting on the design and delivery of remediation plan
- Excellent communication skills and able to build relationships with stakeholders
- Agile, entrepreneurial with a passion to install “best-practice”
- An organized individual that is able to work well within a team environment
- An adaptable and responsive person that is open to change and suggestions
- Prepared to go the extra mile and ensure that the job is well done and not just completed
- Dedicated to detail, quality and accuracy
- Highly numerate and analytical with a keen eye for detail that is deadline focused and goal oriented
- Methodical, organised and responds quickly to change, whilst demonstrating a proactive approach
- Enthusiastic to learn
- 1+ years PQE (preferably ACA / ACCA)
- Strong academics; minimum 2:1 at degree level
- Experience of implementing and/or monitoring a financial control framework
- Proven ability to explain technical matters to non-experts
- Desire to assess effectiveness and optimise financial systems & drive change
- Experience in managing elements of change projects and working across stakeholder groups
- Experience of understanding issues and breaking down problem statements
- Works well within a team, possessing strong stakeholder management skills
- Experience of implementing and documenting financial processes
- Strong presentation and report writing skills
- Process mapping experience
- Experience of the COSO Framework
- Awareness of systems based controls
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Competent Microsoft Word user
- Experience of business process management / GRC software
- Experience of ERP systems (e.g. Oracle Fusion preferable)
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better….