Ocado is the world’s leading innovator in online grocery shopping with a highly sophisticated and pioneering technology led solution. Forming exciting new business partnerships with retailers internationally, our automated warehouse solutions enable our partners to deliver what their customers want.
Ocado Smart Platform (OSP) is an end-to-end online retail platform combining micro-service based software with modular and scalable hardware. It brings together innovative technologies such as our highly automated warehouses, we call them Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs), with market leading software such as our highly efficient routing engines or our highly optimized supply chain & forecasting systems.
To support our growth internationally we are now looking to appoint a Commercial Analyst who will report to the Insights Manager. This role sits in a new team within the wider established Product Team. In this role you will be responsible for supporting our understanding of how our clients are using the Ocado Smart Platform and highlighting where we can help them improve their performance. You will support Solutions Management, Product Management and Product Marketing by providing the data to do their job.
The core responsibilities for the Commercial Analyst role include:
- Producing clear, accurate and concise analysis into how our clients around the world are using OSP and presenting this to the team and other senior stakeholders around the business
- Defining and creating dashboards to allow the team to understand the performance of their client or product area
- Extracting and manipulating data from our BigQuery data warehouse
- Liaising with developers and other analysts to ensure data is sourced and used appropriately
- Problem Solving, with our department and business growing rapidly, and with even bigger growth plans ahead, new challenges and insights will develop for the Commercial Analyst to tackle
- Learning everything about online groceries from products arriving at our clients’ warehouses to arriving at their customers’ kitchen tables
- Several years’ experience working as an analyst preferably in ecommerce or grocery
- Proficiency in SQL and the ability to work with large datasets
- Experience using Excel, Python or R to perform analysis
- Exposure to reporting tools such Tableau, Looker or Google Data Studio
- The ability to communicate complex analysis with a variety of different stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness and a proactive attitude to make a difference and drive impact
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employers are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
Due to the fast-paced nature of Ocado's business our vacancy close dates may be subject to change.