Ocado has built and operates a series of large, automated Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) to satisfy increasing demand from customers for a high-quality and reliable delivery service for online grocery orders. Ocado has created the Ocado Smart Platform (our automated CFCs and the supporting head office software to provide an online grocery business). Ocado has signed deals with a number of international Grocers to provide them with the Ocado Smart Platform.
As a result, a group transformation office has been established to transform our business and develop the capabilities needed to design, build and run the Ocado Smart Platform for clients across the world. As Ocado transforms there is a growing need to support multiple complex projects across departments and missions.
The group transformation office operates across all areas of Ocado Group and as a result, we are looking for project managers to support multiple disciplines. Specifically, we are currently looking for a project manager with extensive experience in the Recruitment space.
We are particularly looking right now for a Project Manager who has experience with implementing best of breed solutions that support operational functions - particularly recruitment focussed ie. Application Tracking Systems, integration of recruitment focussed platforms and systems, Careers Websites, etc. We are currently developing our operations systems landscape, and are keen for people with this experience to join us in helping to deliver transformation in this space.
What will you be doing?
- Gather an understanding of the current recruitment as is at Ocado and define scope and objectives of the project, in line with strategic direction and business requirements
- Set up Recruitment project team and governance
- Daily project management throughout the project life cycle
- Defining the project governance to best deliver the required outputs
- Coordinating work streams and their interdependencies
- Monitoring project progress and delivering to timelines
- Understand broader dependencies with other transformation projects and escalate where necessary both the dependencies and the interfaces between projects
- Manage risks and issues and taking corrective action where appropriate
- Manage all project collaterals, ensuring governance documents are kept up to date.
- Clearly communicate project objectives to all team members and keep all relevant stakeholders informedWork with all business SMEs and change individuals to ensure a smooth transition to BAU
- Collaborate with People Programme to help identify risks, dependencies or issues impacting other projects
- Project management experience with an ATS, Workday Recruitment preferred
- Ability to complete projects on time and within budget
- Good knowledge of project management and lean/agile methodology knowledge is advantageous
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to earn trust, engage, and influence people and teams at all levels
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Previous experience with Workday integrations
Preferred (in addition to minimum)
- Prince2 or similar project management OR Lean Six Sigma green belt
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own groundbreaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20-minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunchtime taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better.