Ocado Group’s mission is to transform online grocery through cutting-edge technology and automation. Our pioneering Ocado Smart Platform (OSP), which combines our proprietary end-to-end software systems with our physical fulfilment assets, offers grocery retailers a faster, more flexible, cost-efficient and low-risk way to develop an online grocery business.
Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
Within Platform Implementation sits the Field Engineering team who directly support the Product Engineers with all in field activities. They maintain in depth, practical product knowledge across all of our products both developed in house and externally sourced. Directly supporting the Product Engineers during the manufacture, install & commissioning phases of our new Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs).
What will you be doing?....
- Ensure Technical support has all that is required to enable them to create suitable product change requests or solutions through the Change Control Process and the Product Engineers
- Field mark ups of product documentation (drawings, manuals, guides, checklists etc.) are sent in a timely and clear manner to Field Engineers & Technical Support colleagues & Product Engineers
- Maintain product and process quality at all times
- Provide direct engineering product support as required, ensuring issue is appropriately resolved both in the immediate and at root cause
- Reporting of field visits, product issues are formally communicated back to Field Engineering & Technical Support colleagues
- Support Field Engineers to deliver the roll out of workpacks
- Support Automation Engineering Implementation with installation & commissioning
- Ensure that work carried out is compliant with local H&S requirements
- Work effectively and responsibility without direct supervision
- Installation & commissioning experience
- Full clean UK driving licence
- Deliver engineering reports accurately and on time
- IT literate, proficient with Microsoft Office and/or Google Suite
- Technical and practical competence relating to general engineering (Electrical or Mechanical)
- Experience of products in manufacturing, automotive, airports, FMCG distribution or similar field
- Aptitude to debate detail (both technical and commercial) with colleagues and peers
- Skilled and proficient in the use of hand tools
- Comfortable using field test & measurement equipment e.g. Multimeter
- Appreciation of applicable directives, codes standards etc. (e.g. machinery directive)
- Technical / Engineering qualification, to C&G or NVQ level 3 in mechanical or electrical field
- Ocado’s Automation Products require a range of specialisations, these can include (but not limited to): Machinery & Maintenance / Conveyor systems / Electromechanical systems / Robotics / Material handling equipment
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Field Engineering - demonstrable experience & success
- HNC qualified in mechanical / electrical discipline
- 18th edition Wiring Regulations
- International working
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds. All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better……