Who We Are
Ocado is a UK based company admitted to trading on the London Stock Exchange (Ticker OCDO). It comprises one of the world's largest dedicated online grocery retailers, operating its own grocery and general merchandise retail businesses under Ocado.com and other specialist shop banners, together with its Ocado Solutions division.
The Ocado Solutions division is responsible for providing Ocado’s innovative advanced robotics technology, known as the Ocado Smart Platform ("OSP"), to our major retailer clients around the world. OSP comprises access to Ocado's physical infrastructure solutions, running highly efficient warehouse operations for the single pick of products, together with the entire end-to-end proprietary software applications and advanced robotics required to operate a world-class online grocery business.
Our unique, proprietary and industry-leading technology is set to transform the shopping experience of consumers around the world. We have partnered with Kroger to help it redefine the grocery customer experience in the United States through the adoption of the centralized, automated model of online retailing provided by the Ocado Smart Platform.
Come join us as we build our North American team, bringing world-class innovation and technologies to one of the most exciting global markets for e-commerce.
What You Will Do
Reporting to both the Senior Engineering Operations Manager and the Engineering Operations Manager, the initial focus for the Inventory Coordinator will be to review production/engineering needs and ensure materials and spare parts are on hand to meet the requirements of the Engineering team to uphold the Customer’s satisfaction. The position will be located at the Customer Fulfillment Center working closely with all members of the engineering team to optimize the availability for spare parts and materials to maximize the performance of the facility.
The Inventory Coordinator role includes:
- Deliver an efficient, effective, safe and organized stores room
- Maintain an accurate and up to date stores stock control and purchase order system
- Provide spare parts to the Engineering maintenance teams in a timely manner
- Manage the interface between supply base, local/domestic suppliers, central Ocado supply chain and onsite Engineering
- Ensure sufficient spare parts are available to support both scheduled maintenance and repairs and ensure business resiliency
- Monitor stock levels between min/max parameters and place replenishment orders in a timely manner
- Analyze data and provide administrative support for the Engineering Team as required
- Develop and implement overall logistics plan, in a manner that promotes low cost, high inventory turns
- Develop detailed goals and report results to the onsite management team
- Bid architectural plans to subcontractors and vendors
- Obtain quality work at a competitive price
- Research/Appoint/Hire regional and domestic contractors and suppliers
- Ability to develop and execute procurement plans to achieve financial targets for both site specific and through coordination with other sites for volume pricing
- Monitor supplier performance and capabilities and ensure the supply base will match long range strategies for capacity, quality and delivery
- Analyze current process to propose and implement improvements that will establish and support supplier relationships and lower the cost of doing business overall
- Authorize payment for purchases by reviewing invoices and related documentation; and reconcile any invoice discrepancies
The Inventory Coordinator may be asked to perform additional tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request from time-to-time. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Who You Are
To qualify for our Inventory Coordinator position, you must meet the following requirements:
- 1 year of experience working in purchasing, procurement or sourcing required
- Good interpersonal skills with an ability to meet demanding targets in a pressurized stores environment
- Ability to communicate clearly both internally and with suppliers
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, and CMMS (computerized maintenance management system)
- Extremely detailed-oriented, good analytical skills, organized and independent
- Proficient in administrative and clerical duties
- Ability to flourish in an environment of fast growth and ambiguity
The Inventory Coordinator position is located in our Dallas, TX Customer Fulfillment Center.
What We Offer
- 401k Plan; 100% match up to 5% of earnings
- Paid Vacation and Sick Days
- 10 Paid Public Holidays
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Medical and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Health Reimbursement Account; Company Contribution of 50% of Annual Deductible
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Long Term Disability Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
For a sense of who we are and what we deliver we invite you to explore online to learn more about Ocado Technology and Ocado Engineering, which directly support the Ocado Solutions division, and take the next step in what will be an amazing career with us.
Learn about our partnership with Kroger:
- Kroger Bets on Robots With Ocado Deal
- Meet Ocado, Kroger’s Newest Weapon in Its Grocery Delivery War with Amazon and Walmart
- Check out this video about our advanced robotics technology
Ocado is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, religion, age, disability, veteran’s status, or any other classification as required by applicable law.