Reporting to the Finance Manager (Country & Balance Sheet), the Finance Accountant (Country Analyst) is responsible for liaising with the overseas entities of Ocado Group to ensure that their results are correctly recorded and uploaded into the Group’s accounting system and are compliant with group policies.
The team is also responsible for managing activities related to the Group’s overseas entities, including monitoring of loan relationships and adherence to service agreements.
What you will be doing?
- Periodic reporting of results of each overseas entity to a deadline, including for each entity: checks and balances, upload to GL, run consolidation process, matching and elimination of related intercompany balances, uploading of entities fixed assets.
- Reconciliation of balances owed by/to overseas entities
- Acting as business partner to the Technology and Solutions accounting teams for all matters related to their overseas entities.
- Control and monitoring of activities relating to overseas entities, including monitoring and set up of loans to the entities, arranging landlord deposits, monitoring cash balances, transfer pricing compliance and adherence to service agreements.
- Assisting in the review, maintenance and enhancement of the financial control environment of each entity.
- Assisting with the setup of accounting for new overseas entities.
- Maintaining the accounting records of certain overseas entities.
- Working to the general ledger close / Period End close calendar timelines
- Support the Half Year and Year End close process, ensuring that audit queries are dealt with swiftly and appropriately and audit adjustments processed in a controlled manner in with guidelines
- Providing level 1 commentary on key account lines as appropriate
- Liaising with the wider country or commercial accounting teams where appropriate to promote consistency and accuracy
- Supporting my team members to resolve variances and issues quickly in order to meet key reporting requirements
- Raising issues with senior management and helping resolve them
- Proactively identifying problems and opportunities to standardise, streamline and improve processes and accuracy
- Provide the accurate numbers for all disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts
- Ensure accounting policies set by the in-house technical team are implemented and adhered to
- Support the global process owner for record to report processes by continuously driving process efficiency, effectiveness and compliance
- Support the management team to drive process governance and measure process effectiveness
- Contribute to building and developing a high performing and engaged team
- Embed a culture of controls within the team, responsible for operating effectiveness of all key controls within the department’s processes and remediation of any control weaknesses
- Supporting personal development of team members
- Understanding of relevant regulatory environments
- Understanding of core financial processes and relevant systems
- Knowledge of accounting, tax and reporting standards & principles,
- Experience in a fast-paced global environment (preferable)
- Experience in delivering great customer / user experience (preferable)
- Experience in process improvement, automation
- Ability to build trusted relationshipsAbility to complete work to a high standard whilst identifying opportunities for further improvement
- Mindset to own and drive their development plans: to improve their technical and soft skills and their understanding of the business
- Possess strong attention to detail; able to provide accurate and timely data/reporting
- Possesses good presentation skills
- Adaptability to change and positive mindset
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...