Reporting to the Finance Manager the FA (Technical/Leases) is responsible for end-to-end lease accounting in line with group policies & practices and the preparation of management accounts for the wider Accounting team.
The FA is also responsible for the production of robust Balance Sheet reconciliations relating to Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll as well as Lease Assets and Liabilities.
The FA will also provide support to the Senior Finance Accountant (Reward) as appropriate and the wider team with Half Year and Year End activities.
What you will be doing?
- The end-to-end Lease Accounting (IFRS 16), ensuring the lease accounting system is as up to date as possible with all relevant leases
- Booking IFRS 16-related Depreciation and Interest charges to the P&L in an accurate and timely manner and managing the control account, staying on top of lease liabilities
- The preparation of Balance Sheet reconciliations for lease assets and liabilities to a high standard with key movements analysed, explained and reconciled
- Providing a forecast and Risk & Opps view of Depreciation and Interest charges as required to a good level of detail to FP&A
- The preparation of Accounts Payable, Receivable and Payroll Balance Sheet Reconciliations to a high standard with key movements analysed, explained and reconciled
- Ensuring the Management Accounts (management reporting on the group’s financial performance) is accurate, up to date and prepared in a timely manner
- Providing support to the Senior Finance Accountant (Reward) as required (journal postings, analysis)
- Complying with group accounting policy & practice
- Substantiating account/general ledger balance reconciliations
- Working to the general ledger close / Period End close calendar timelines
- Support the Half Year and Year End close process (including providing lease-related disclosures), ensuring that audit queries are dealt with swiftly and appropriately and audit adjustments processed in a controlled manner in with guidelines
- Providing level 1 commentary on all key management account lines (mainly IFRS 16-related) as appropriate
- Liaising with country or senior members of the commercial finance teams where appropriate to promote consistency and accuracy
- Supporting my team members to resolve variances and issues quickly in order to meet key reporting requirements
- Raising issues with senior management and helping resolve them
- Proactively identifying problems and opportunities to standardise, streamline and improve processes and accuracy
- Provide the accurate numbers for all disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts
- Ensure accounting policies set by the in-house technical team are implemented and adhered to
- Support the global process owner for record to report processes by continuously driving process efficiency, effectiveness and compliance
- Support the management team to drive process governance and measure process effectiveness
- Contribute to building and developing a high performing and engaged team
- Embed a culture of controls within the team, responsible for operating effectiveness of all key controls within the department’s processes and remediation of any control weaknesses
- Supporting personal development of team members
- Relevant financial qualifications and understanding of relevant regulatory environments
- An understanding of core financial processes and relevant systems
- Knowledge of accounting, tax and reporting standards & principles
- Experience in a fast-paced global environment (desirable)
- Experience in delivering great customer / user experience (desirable)
- Experience in process improvement, automation (desirable)
- Ability to set and achieve stretch goals prioritise tasks and work closely with colleagues
- Ability to complete work to a high standard whilst identifying opportunities for further improvement
- Mindset to own and drive their development plans: to improve their technical and soft skills and their understanding of the business
- Possess strong attention to detail; able to provide accurate and timely data/reporting
- Possesses good presentation skills
- Adaptability to change and positive mindset
- Ability to build trusted relationships
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...