“Ocado Technology, powering the future of retail through sustained disruptive technology innovation...”
Ocado Technology is putting the world’s retailers online using the cloud, robotics, AI, and IoT. We develop the innovative software and systems that power Ocado.com, the world’s largest online-only grocery retailer as well as the global ‘Ocado Smart Platform’. With everything from websites to fully autonomous warehouses that we design in-house, our world-class talent constantly moves the goal posts of what is possible to achieve through sustained technological disruption.
We champion a value-led culture to get our teams working at their very best and to help create a collaborative working environment that our people love. Core principles of Trust, Autonomy, Craftsmanship, Collaboration and Learn Fast help drive our innovative culture.
What will you be doing?
You will be part of the Bespoking team who support our clients in designing, develop and supporting bespoke software products that enables them to realise the full benefit of OSP. Additionally the Bespoking team support our internal product teams in exploring partnership opportunities with external software platform vendors. As the Solutions Architect you will provide the architectural capability for all products delivered through the Bespoke team. The role will act as the technical facilitator between Product Teams, 3rd party delivery partners and Solution partners. Additionally the role will provide the technical analysis function to assess potential partner products / services as part of any Build / Buy / Partner opportunities that come through the team.
As the Solutions Architect you will be responsible for:
- Providing architectural oversight and ownership to all products developed through the bespoke product development team
- Working with 3rd parties vendor architects and development teams to oversee the technical design and delivery of products
- Support early stage design and requirements gathering workshops with clients and product teams
- Owning the documentation of all product architectures
- Working with our infosec team to ensure approval on all deliveries
- Working with our cloud services team to agree environment setup
- Support prioritisation of technical tasks for the development teams
- Develop architectures to support the integration of 3rd party platforms and services
- Perform technical assessments of 3rd party platforms and services and support business case development
- Run technical spikes and support prototype development of 3rd party platforms and services
- Ensuring alignment to Ocado Technology technical standards
- Communication to all stakeholders on architectural decisions, risks and status
We would like you to have deomonstrable experience in:
- eCommerce and Grocery retail background
- Product development
- Strong technical experience, with particular focus on microservice design, integration architectures and event driven platform development
- Cloud infrastructure
- leading the architectural design on large scale projects and running design authorities
- Designing the migration and transition architectures of software platforms and systems
- External communication with clients
- Working with outsourced development resource
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Liaising with and influencing stakeholders across a variant of seniority levels
What we can offer you…
Our employee benefits are designed for you, we care about people and we’ve ensured we have a wealth of benefits that focus on your well-being. Within our flexible environment we can offer technically stretching work, a competitive salary and share schemes. Benefits include pension scheme, train season ticket loan (interest-free), free shuttle bus from Hatfield train station and of course, healthy Ocado retail staff discounts.
We also have regular divisional socials, sports clubs not to mention the Ocado Technology Academy for a packed schedule of courses, conferences and events such as discussion sessions, conference briefs and external guest speakers. If you think you have what it takes to make a difference, please submit your application below.
Due to the energising nature of Ocado's business, vacancy close dates, when stated, are indicative and may be subject to change so please apply as soon as possible to avoid disappointment.
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa, except the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Please note: If you have applied and been rejected for this role in the last 6 months, or applied and been rejected for a role with a similar skill set, we will not re-evaluate you for this position. After 6 months, we will treat your application as a new one.
Be bold, be unique, be brilliant, be you. We are looking for individuality and we value diversity above gender, sexual orientation, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion, age, disability or union participation. We are an equal opportunities employer and we are committed to treating all applicants and employees fairly and equally.