We are currently looking to recruit a Warehouse Area Coordinator to work within our Site Services team at Ocado's state-of-the-art Customer Fulfilment Centre based in Purfleet, Essex, which is due to go live later this year. This site is 258,000 square feet and boasts world leading technology, which is predominantly developed in house at Ocado. At full capacity we will be fulfilling over 80,000 customer orders a week, which requires a 24/7 operation and a dedicated team of colleagues who lead by example.
As an Area Coordinator within our Site Services team, you will be responsible for assisting the Area Manager with managing the performance of a specific business unit/operating zone within the CFC. This may include but will not be limited to our Central Stores area, Tote Wash (fault finding, reporting, testing and ordering of chemicals and training), managing all inbound and outbound assets and assisting with charity purge collections/donations.
Working as part of a tiered management team, you will be responsible for creating a safe and respectful environment and culture that ensures all workflows run smoothly to deliver maximum client and customer value. You will also be accountable for shaping and delivering an outstanding employee experience for those working in your business unit, including training, development and ongoing coaching of Personal Shoppers across the site. You will be living and breathing our 5 core pillars: Safety, Customer, Quality, Delivery and Cost providing motivation to your team, driving excellence in all that you do. To be considered for this role, you should possess strong people management experience, being able to mange, motivate and support your team within a time-sensitive and demanding operational environment.
Initially, this will involve working in a pre-go live environment, so this is a great time to join the team and is a fantastic opportunity to be involved in an exciting project from the start!
Role and Responsibilities:
- Assume full coordination of your business unit tasks to deliver agreed productivity and all other applicable quality and performance targets
- Maintain exceptional health and safety standards, promoting a positive on-site safety culture ensuring Safe Systems of Work (SSOWs)/Risk Assessment materials for your business unit are fit for purpose and are adhered to, publishing safety briefs and implementing sustainable corrective actions wherever needed
- Utilise Operational Excellence resources to actively improve end to end performance and enhanced customer performance
- Drive the training and coaching of your team, promoting progression and personal development and equipping them with the skills and tools to perform their job to the highest standards
- Assist and at times lead with the daily management of pre shift briefings, labour allocation, chairing meetings, addressing friction points, job allocation and communicating with internal and external suppliers
You may also be asked to perform tasks as required by management deemed as a reasonable request. This job description is a summary of the typical functions of the role, not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of possible role responsibilities, tasks and duties and is subject to review. The responsibilities, tasks and duties of the job holder might differ from those outlined in the job description and other duties, as assigned, might form part of the job.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Strong performance management knowledge and practical experience of conducting disciplinary and grievance investigations
- Strong communication skills are essential both verbal and written, along with excellent numeracy skills through working with and interpreting large volumes of data
- You should be PC literate with knowledge of Google or Microsoft operating systems/programmes and warehouse management systems
- Knowledge of best practice within Health and Safety and Safe Systems of Working
Preferred (in addition to minimum):
- Experience of working in a FMCG or 24/7 operational or productivity focused environment
- Food Safety compliance - knowledge of key elements of food safety standards
- Mechanical Handling Equipment - Current qualifications / previous experience
- Previous experience in a continuous improvement environment with demonstrable problem-solving skills
What else do you need to know?
You will also be expected to:
- Undertake tiered management/personal shopper tasks if the need arises
- Stand/walk for extended periods
- Lift objects weighing up to 30kg (periodically) from the floor to shoulder height
- Wear protective equipment to ensure requisite standards of health and safety are maintained
- Train to use Mechanical Handling Equipment
- Work in environments ranging in temperature from 30℃ to -30℃
Our employees live the value “We’re In It Together” – so a hands on approach is a must, as well as flexibility to working alternative shifts when required. In return for your hard work and dedication, you will have the opportunity to further develop your career either into more senior positions within the warehouse or sideways into other departments.
You will be required to work 48 hours per week working 12 hours shifts following a roster pattern, working any 4 from 7 shifts to include weekends.
We are currently offering a very a competitive salary of £25,000 per annum.
What will I get in return?
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 15% off your Ocado shopping
- Onsite subsidised café and company shop offering discounts of up to 70% on groceries from leading brands and major retailers
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Whilst we are able to offer visa sponsorship, please note that we are only able to cover the company-specific costs. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Ocado is an equal opportunities employer and it takes its obligations under the Equality Act 2010 and Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 very seriously. We treat all our employees fairly and equally, regardless of their gender, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, gender reassignment, race, religion or belief, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, disability, age, pregnancy and maternity, trade union membership or offending background, or the fact that they are a part-time worker or a fixed-term employee. Our employees and applicants for employment shall not be disadvantaged by any policies or conditions of service which cannot be justified as necessary for operational purposes.