Within Ocado Group sits Platform Implementation, whose mission is ‘to orchestrate the implementation of Ocado’s platforms globally’. This department focuses on the full programme management life cycle of the implementation of our highly automated, multi-million pound Customer Fulfilment Centres (CFCs) - from pre-deal, through to the design, construction, installation, testing and ‘go-live’ phases (with all the process and portfolio management in between). This department is instrumental in ensuring we deliver these CFCs on time, to budget, and to the specific requirements of each client.
The Construction and Installation (C&I) department is responsible for delivering the physical elements of all Ocado Group projects globally. The Construction Safety Advisor supports the H&S Manager and our business customers with the successful deployment of Ocado Health and Safety Arrangements, while striving to achieve full regulatory compliance.
This role establishes and communicates a positive health and safety culture by assisting with the development of C&I H&S policies, as well as supporting the implementation of these policies.
This role is based at our Hatfield head office, travel to sites as per project requirements may be required.
What will you be doing?
- Assisting in the undertaking of regular site audits and workplace inspections
- Assisting and supporting with the implementation, monitoring, auditing and review of policies and procedures
- Supporting the divisional heads with the implementation of a variety of project based initiatives
- Identifying and developing accident and incident reduction initiatives in hand with management and employees
- Supporting management in the development of risk assessments, safe systems of work and COSHH Assessments
- Continually reviewing the effectiveness and accuracy of risk assessments and make recommendations to management
- Tracking and supporting management in the closure of all outstanding actions relating to risk assessments, adverse events and audits
- Tracking adverse event investigations and associated corrective actions
- Supporting management in the completion of adverse event investigations and provide support and advice for corrective actions
- Investigating major incidents in partnership with Ocado Global HS&E Manager
- Assisting with the updating and completion of the department health and safety action plan
- Analysing health & safety trends and advising managers to improve performance
- Participating in H&S Committee meetings, ensuring buy-in from all levels.
- Presenting workshops & meetings and be confident when giving advice
- Assisting with the successful completion of safety / environmental campaigns
- Construction site Experience
- NEBOSH General Certificate in Occupational Health & Safety or Construction
- CSCS Card
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Working understanding of Word, Excel and associated programmes
- Current driving licence and the ability to travel nationally/internationally as and when required
- Previous experience as a Health, Safety & Environmental Practitioner
- A “can do” and “in this together” approach is a must
Ocado Group is an equal opportunities employer and as such makes every effort to ensure that all potential employees are treated fairly and equally, regardless of their sex, sexual orientation, marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, age, disability or union membership status.
About Ocado Group...
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
We are only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and provide a free shuttle bus from Hatfield Station to the office!
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and an amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds.. all Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday + the option to buy an additional 3 via salary sacrifice, 15% discount on your weekly Ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
We are thrilled to welcome applicants from across the world. Please note that unfortunately we are unable to cover the cost of your visa at this time. We do cover the relevant company costs for visa sponsorship. For all employment offers made for UK roles, it is expected that you will be based in the UK in commutable distance, ready for your first day of work, so please keep this in mind. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to ask.
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…