Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager (Intercompany & consolidation) the Finance Manager is responsible for managing the tax compliance, management reporting and treasury accounting teams within the Finance Excellence -Accounting team.
Key responsibilities include overseeing the production and distribution of group monthly management reporting, the provision of technical accounting support (including IFRS 16) to the wider Finance team and management of balance sheet reconciliation and substantiation activities (AP/AR/Payroll/Lease Assets/Liabilities) in support of the close process
What you will be doing?
- Leading my team to undertake ongoing and monthly accounting activities including processing journal entries, balance sheet reconciliation & review (AP/AR/Payroll/Lease Assets & Liabilities) and supporting monthly closure of accounting books and records
- Preparation of management reporting on the group’s financial performance
- Ensuring compliance with group accounting policy & practice
- Substantiating account/general ledger balances (AP/AR/Payroll) and providing commentary as required
- Play a leading role in coordinating year end activities
- Provision of technical accounting support including preparation of the interest and depreciation forecasting relating to IFRS 16 (Leases).
- Managing team over close / period end, delivering to the close calendar timelines
- Support (team) development/documentation of functional reporting requirements for technical teams
- Management of Tax Compliance reporting and submission activities, ensuring that reporting timelines are met
- Providing oversight; understand variances and proactively identify problems and opportunities to standardise, streamline and improve processes and accuracy
- Manage the team providing treasury accounting support
- Providing commentary to Commercial and other Finance teams (management reporting) providing insight and enabling business decision making
- Provision of accurate numbers for all disclosures in the annual report and statutory accounts (as required)
- Acting as the guardian of ‘exceptional items’ and accounting treatment thereof
- Supporting the governance of the Chart of Accounts 'reporting' segment
- Implementing and adhering to accounting policies set by the in-house technical team
- Supporting the global process owner for record to report processes by driving process efficiency, effectiveness and compliance working closely with the Continuous Improvement team
- Driving process governance and measure process effectiveness
- Working with and support the Head of Accounting to continuously improve the service offering
- Building and developing a high performing and engaged team, creating a culture of excellence
- Driving the professionalisation of Ocado reporting and raising the bar on quality
- Embedding a culture of controls within the team while being accountable for maintaining controls across managed processes and safeguarding Ocado assets
- Supporting audit reviews/processes as required
- Responsible for operating effectiveness of all key controls within the department’s processes and remediation of any control weaknesses
- Championing Ocado’s values and supporting personal development of team members
- Experience of leadership of a global financial operations environment with a track record of delivering effectiveness, efficiency and compliance targets / SLAs
- Relevant financial qualifications and understanding of relevant regulatory environments (IFRS16)
- In depth understanding of core financial processes and relevant systems
- Knowledge of accounting, tax and reporting standards & principles,
- Experience in a fast-paced global environment
- Experience in delivering great customer / user experience
- Experience in process improvement, automation
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...