Reporting to the Senior Finance Analyst (Intercompany & Consolidation), the Finance Accountant is responsible for undertaking the transactional accounting elements of the intercompany and consolidation processes within Group Finance.
The FA is key throughout the close process ensuring that information/data is processed, complete and accurate prior to undertaking the intercompany and consolidation close activities (processing allocations, eliminations & adjustments across entities/group, substantiation of balances and report preparation).
What you will be doing?
- Processing journal entries/allocations and intercompany transactions to allow for the accurate and timely reporting of account balances
- Processing of consolidation and intercompany adjustments in line with group policy
- Undertaking pre-close checks on general ledger balances prior to close, following up with data providers, escalating as required
- Undertake intercompany and consolidation accounting, substantiating account balances and providing first level commentary
- Undertake general and relevant consolidation and intercompany reconciliations
- Responsible for the adhering to the close calendar timelines for consolidation and intercompany activity
- Working with other finance areas and system teams to timely resolve variances and issues in data quality;
- Reconciliation of intercompany accounts across all entities with the Ocado group
- Proactively identifying and raising problems and opportunities to standardise, streamline and improve processes and accuracy
- Provide complete and accurate reporting to line management
- Support the COE (tax and treasury) through accurate and consistent reporting on intercompany balances
- Provide the accurate numbers for all disclosures for the annual report and statutory accounts
- Adhere to accounting policies set by the in-house technical team
- Work with and support the SFA to improve the service offering and processes to ensure effective and compliant reporting and accounting
- Supporting and developing a culture of excellence; adhering to the Ocado values
- Driving the professionalisation of Ocado reporting and raising the bar on quality
- Support internal control and audit processes and the safeguarding of Ocado assets
- Embed a culture of controls within the team, responsible for operating effectiveness of all key controls within the department’s processes and remediation of any control weaknesses
- Responsible for operating effectiveness of all key controls within transactional processes and supporting the remediation of any control weaknesses
- Relevant financial qualifications
- Understanding of relevant regulatory environments
- Understanding of core financial processes and relevant systems
- Knowledge of accounting, tax and reporting standards & principles,
- Experience in a fast-paced global environment (preferable)
- Experience in delivering great customer / user experience (preferable)
- Experience in process improvement, automation
About Ocado Group
When our journey started, we were all about changing the way people shop for groceries. 20 years later, we’re a FTSE 100 business developing our own ground breaking technology, opening multiple sites at an accelerating rate and engaging in exciting new business partnerships around the world!
Transforming an industry means also transforming the way we do business. As we continually develop new technologies and customer propositions, we’re looking for the brightest talents to lead us into the next stage of our evolution: enhancing our capabilities, inspiring our teams and developing new ways of working.
Only a 20 minute commute from London King’s Cross and with a free shuttle bus provided from Hatfield Station to the office.
Ocado employee experience is very important to us. As well as keeping a smile on your face with weekly massages, a games room, coffee shop, weekly food samples and amazing food hall to satisfy your daily breakfast and lunch taste buds..All Ocado employees are offered a benefits package of - 25 days holiday, 15% discount on your weekly ocado shop, pension, share options, discounts on gym memberships and much much more….
Our values: we’re in it together, we are proud of what we do, we can be even better…...